Drove away before getting a parking ticket

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5131 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

i and my friend had parked on the parking space but had no parking between 4 to 6.30 pm in glasgow west end and had gone to a nearby shop. when i came back i saw the parking warden with their machines entering details of my car but before they could give me a ticket i drove away. i could still see them through my left wing mirror that they were trying to spot me. my friend when he came out of the shop could hear them say ' which one is it' as if they were trying to figure out which car was it. does anyone know what happens next. do they need photographic proof which they could not secure? the other thing i am worrying about is that i have a residential parking permit from glasgow council and they can track me with that ? am i thinking too much of it?

would appreciate any help.

thanks

It's not relevant if they can track you via the permit - they will be able to identify you anyway, if they have the reg number recorded.

One of two things will happen - either you will hear nothing further, or you will be served a PCN by post as the CEO was unable to serve it at the time.

They do not need photos to be able to serve a PCN, but obviously do need sufficient data to identify the vehicle and establish where, when and how you were in (alleged) contravention.

It's not possible to know which will happen - it's a case of wait and see.

thanks jamberson for replying. the thing is that i read on various site that if they did not put the pcn on the windscreen or hand it to me its not enforceable. also that they take pictures once they put the pcn on the windscreen for proof. what do u think of think? i dont know if this is of importance but there were 2 council wardens not one.