Halitax Bite Back

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5011 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Have been having an on off battle with Halitax for a while now about a credit card, the usual story CCA request sent, total pile of drivel sent back laughingly called a reconstituted version of an agreement.

Anyway just after Xmas I received a claim form from Northampton Bulk Centre (minus any supporting documents such as default notice CA and statements that they intended to reley on in court), I quickly fired back a defence of "as they havent supplied documnets etc how can I possibly mount an effective defence bo ho go away", stated the same in a CPR 31.14 request to Halitax on 09 Feb 10. I got a reply back on the 25th of Feb saying that they would respond etc etc (this is when I expected them to go away and sell this lemon off to some other greedy sods .. ;))

Well nothing heard from anyone checked with the courts no documents delivered to them so off I trotted for a nice break over Easter.

Anyway yesterday I came home to a nice thick envelope in a plastic bag ripped open with my contents on show (yea many thanks Royal Mail bet you enjoyed reading it all ... :mad:)

It is the usual bunch of junk you expect, and contained the following

1. Statements of account

2. A BLANK (YES BLANK) default notice template, lol should be intresting in court if they use that... ;)

3. A credit card application form.

I am phoning the courts in the morning to explain that I have been away just in case Halitax try and slip this through under the radar as the letter covering the package was dated March 25th 10 and gave me 14 WORKING days to respond (thank god for the back holidays)

PS ignore the phone numbers etc they are long ago dead, and buried, so I didnt bother to blank them out.

Imageshack - halitaxjokeammended.jpg - Uploaded by johnleigh02

Imageshack - halitaxjokeammended2.jpg - Uploaded by johnleigh02

Right now down to what I am fishing for here, as you can imagine from the above I am going with a defence based upon this being a credit card application and not an agreement, however I have noticed that there are some of the prescibed terms within the four corners, as in APR, repayment terms. However there is no principle borrowed mentioned.

I am not sure of my footing here and would appreciate a bit of advice as many of the applications that some companies have tried to use in the past have none of these in them (just dont want some lobotamised judge being hodwinked by them), has there be any presidence that anyone can think of to this or is it just unlucky they should have an agreement and not an application?

Also in Halitaxs original particulars of claims they stated that they intended to rely on a defualt notice in court however they have only supplied a blank template and NOT a copy of the original.

I am not very clued up on default notices and would appreciate some guidance on this as I think they will use the old trick below;

"But your Honour this is a correctly formated default notice type that WOULD have been sent to Mr ejleigh68and as it is recorded on our records and we always tell the truth there is no contesting it" flutters eye lashes at judge "so we dont have to produce the original"... :eek:

Anyhow just thought I would pop on and ask as I am starting to write my defence to send of registered next day delivery to the court tonight ... many thanks in advance for any insight.

"I am no Solicitor but deal with REAL hard case lawyers everyday, this gives me the strength to deal with the lightweight idiots that are thrown at me everyday by DCAS :D"

now moved to legal

dx

Edited by dx100uk
  • Haha 1

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Many thanks .... :D

"I am no Solicitor but deal with REAL hard case lawyers everyday, this gives me the strength to deal with the lightweight idiots that are thrown at me everyday by DCAS :D"

The application they've sent appears to have no relationship to the second page, which also in itself appears to be incomplete as the T&C's start at number 6. So...where's the rest of it?

The T&C's make no mention of any contractual right to apply penalty type charges to your account, which they probably would have done. Such charges should be clearly listed. Failure to do so means you never agreed to them. This also invalidates the accuracy of the default notice as the amount they may have demanded from you would be inaccurate. De Minimus does not apply, parliament stated the exact figure should be shown in a default notice, not a rough guess.

Put them to strict proff that a default notice was served. Request proof of service.

If they sent a DN why don't they have a copy? They have a copy of everything else don't they? Look for opportunity to throw doubt on anything they state. If they state something has happened then immediately get them to prove it, don't just accept it.

The T&C's are not original (put them to strict proof that they are).

In the event of any unilateral variation in the agreement they would need to provide T&C's to cover those. If this card is more than a few years old they would have made changes and they've not provided any other T&C's I presume? The big one to look for was when the OFT forced all creditors to adjust their penalty charges from around £30 each to the suggested maximum of £12 per charge. If your account statements show charges in excess of £12 then there would have been a unilateral variation to reflect this intervention. Accordingly it would follow that the bank should be able to provide amended T&C's.

The app form and the T&C's both state they are for a 'Credit Agreement'. This is running account credit and as such the terms should be applicable to a 'Credit CARD Agreement'. Important? Absolutely. These forms of credit are completely different and most importantly have differing prescribed terms. A Credit Agreement for example must have a clear figure showing the Total Amount Payable, obviously a credit card will not be able to determine this as it varies so wildly.

There are a whole raft of problems with this, Halifax should not win based on what you've provided.

Bung this in your defence as well.

As the application was pre-contractual it was signed blind. The Consumer Credit Act 1974 states:

(59): Agreement to enter future agreement void

An agreement is void if, and to the extent that, it purports to bind a person to enter as debtor or hirer into a prospective regulated agreement.

(2) Regulations may exclude from the operation of subsection (1) agreements such as are described in the regulations.

That little lot should help you get started and get your mind thinking ;).

Many thanks for backing up what I already thought and thanks for the useful info on the differences between the forms of credit you learn something new every day.

Quick update I chatted to the court this morning apparently the case has been placed on stay anyway due to Halitaxs lack of response to them, so I think what they sent me and the accompanying letter is just a bit of mind games and bluster on their part. I intend to write back to them stating such and see if they have the "cahonnas" to rely on this junk in court.

I personally feel the next people I shall hear from are another bunch of bottom feeders and off we go again, still at least if I keep the DCAs busy they wont be chasing someone else who may not have heart to fight them or is easily intimidated by them.........;)

Sorry also forgot to say that I have a "reconstitued" agreement to plant in front of the judge imagine their solicitor explaining away how they managed to make up 14 pages of an alledged agreement from what they have insinuated they will use in court, oppps that almost sounds like I am accusing them of deception so instead I will ask the hypothetical question instead .... ;)

PS apolagies for my poor spelling lol but I can find my dictionary at present .... :(

• 4 weeks later...

Update

Halitax are trying to be sneaky, I wrote back to them asking them tio confirm what they had supplied me was what they intended to use in court pointing out that it is a blank default notice etc etc (always looks good I have heard to be seen as reasonable in these matters in the courts eyes)

Anyhow no reply to my letter that they signed for on the 20th of April, then lo and behold this letter arrived today

Imageshack - halifaxletterdated27apr.jpg - Uploaded by Imageshack user

Has anyone any idea how to respond to this as it appears to be a blatant attempt to have my holding defence struck out to try and win by default, I was thinking of writing to the clerk of the court expressing some concern that they are trying to rail road things through behind everyones back whilst I was attempting to obtain the correct documentation from them?

I dont see where you have posted the POCs from Halifax or your defence.

I would have thought that you would receive notification from the court if any submission had been made, although you might receive that next week. If not, perhaps a phone call to see what is going on.

If they hadnt provided the information requested in order to file a fully particularised defence, then I cant see them getting a strike out !

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Well it looks like they have been very sneaky the nice young lady I have just spoken to at the Bulk Centre said that they have recieved a letter from the claimant but quite rightly did not divulge what it contained.

Time for me to send a letter to the court I think stating that I do not believe they have carried out my request under CPR for disclosure of documents.

Has anyone got a template letter for this I didnt see one anywhere also do I address it to the clerk of the court after all I want to sound reasonable and respectful even though Halitax are trying to mug me by default.

Address your letter to the "Court Manager".

Just a simple letter advising that you do not believe the Claimant has fulfilled their obligations under CPR and as such you consider yourself to be at a disadvantage.

Although having said that, if this is till at the Bulk centre, you will get the opportunity to state your case at Allocation questionairre time.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

BCOBS

Citizen B re your question I have placed a holding defence in place initially as no documentation was supplied with the claim even though on their POC's they state and I quote "full particulars of which have been supplied hitherto". As for the claim itself it was the usual bumf stating that it would rely on a CREDIT AGREEMENT, none adhereance to the terms of the DEFAULT NOTICE, well so far I have recieved an application form and a blank default notice along with statements of account. As they intend to rely on these documents it seemed only fair to get them to state in a letter that they had fulfilled my CPR request which I got as posted above, my next move was to write to the court stating that they had not fulfilled the CPR request looks like they beat me to the sucker punch.

Seems we have a very simular battle on our hands (see my thread http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/legal-issues/251664-g-bank-scotland-scm.html)

I am now asking for sight of the documents under cpr31.15 as I know full well all they will have for the application form is a microfishe.

After that I will try to get the court to direct that an executable agreement and a valid default notice be produced.

Also check your statement to make sure the interest quoted in the t & c's reflects what was charge on your account. Even a small diference is proof that the terms are unrelated.

The one thing you can proof wrong about even a template default is charges. Were any added before the default notice?

Fighting the strike out claim should be easy enough when you state the documents you are missing and provide the cpr requests.

It's when Eversheds take over that it gets interesting!

Good luck!

• 2 weeks later...

Right it appears that I have a fly in the ointment came home tonight from work to find a direction order from NCC on my door mat stating that my defence had been struck out and the application to lift the stay and enter judgement is granted.

HELP I am unsure of where to go from here, to make matters worse the letter that I wrote to the court with regard to Halifax not supplying the correct information under CPR regs has not got there checked with the wife who posted it and she only used a stamp not registered....(deep breath try not to get too annoyed) .... I have a feeling that I am totally stuffed here which is a shame as if we had gone to court they wouldnt have had a chance with what they had. Looks like they will win by default.

Forgot to say that the order was granted last Thurs the 13th posted out on Friday 14th and has only just arrived todat Tues 18th it only gives 7 days to have this order varied stayed or set aside and I havent a clue how to proceed now?

Right after last nights little flap (yea very tired from work and paniced a bit) I will be sending off the paperwork to have set aside the Strike Out of my Holding Defence please see the witness statement below that I am supplying along with my N244. If you have any comments I would be appreciated as I intend to post this tomorrow moring.

Claim number 6666666

Northampton (CCBC) County Court

Between

Bank of Scotland PLC the Mound (Claimant)

And

ejleigh68 (Defendant)

Witness Statement

Of

ejleigh68

1. The original Holding Defence was filed on the basis that the Defendant did not have sufficient information to form a proper view as to whether the Defendant was indebted to the claimant as alleged and the enforceability of said alleged claim. This Holding Defence was submitted on 09th February 2010.

2. The Defendant therefore put the Claimant to strict proof of the claim by way of providing copies of the alleged Credit Agreement and Default Notice as stated in the Particulars of Claim, requesting the documentation pertained to in the Particulars of Claim using CPR 31.14 action on the 09 February 2010. This letter was signed for by the Claimant on 15 February 2010 an acknowledgement of service of said CPR request dated 23 February 2010 was received on 27 February 2010 by the Defendant.

2. The Claimant provided the Defendant with the documentation as listed below

a. A photocopy application form for a credit card which is clearly marked as such with the wording “Your Priority Application”.

b. A blank template of a default notice which contains no evidence of pertaining to the alleged claim.

c. Statements of account

3. On 15 April 2010 the Defendant wrote to the Claimant advising that CPR 31.14 had not been complied with. And again requested copies of the documents referred to within the Particulars of Claim (a Credit Agreement and a Default Notice); so that a Full Defence could be supplied to the Court. The Claimant signed for this letter on 20 April 2010.

4. The Defendant received a letter from the Claimant on 30 April 2010 on returning from work at 1830 hrs. This letter was dated 27 April 2010 and stated that in the Claimants

Claim number 66666666

Northampton (CCBC) County Court

opinion they had complied with the Defendants CPR request fully and that they had upon the 23 Aril 2010 written to the court requesting that the Defendants Defence be Struck Out.

5. Due to the May Bank Holiday weekend the Defendant was unable to contact the Court until the morning of 04 May 2010 at which time the Defendant was told that the case had been placed before the Judge.

6. The General Direction order for Defence Strike Out and Application to lift the stay and enter judgement was posted from the Court on 14 May 2010 and delivered to the Defendant on the 18 May 2010.

7. The Defendant feels that as the CPR 31.14 request is outstanding and that as this case involves complex matters of Consumer Credit Law it is not appropriate for Summary Judgement and that further more the Claimant should be compelled by the court to provide the copy documentation referred to within the particulars of Claim.

Further more the Defendant feels that the manner in which a Strike Out of Defence was applied for by the Claimant whilst knowing full well that the Defendant did not feel his CPR request had been satisfied as well as the fact that the Defendant was not served with the Application has seriously disadvantaged the Defendant a Litigant in Person in his ability to provide a Full Defence in respect to this claim.

STATEMENT OF TRUTH

I believe the facts in this witness statement are true.

Signed…………….

ejleigh68

Dated 19 May 2010

Filed on behalf of: Defendant

Witness: ejleigh68

Date: 20th May 2010

IN THE xxxxxxx COUNTY COURT Claim No: 6666666

BETWEEN:

BANK OF SCOTLAND PLC THE MOUND

Claimant

and

ejleigh68

Defendant

WITNESS STATEMENT OF ejleigh68

I, ejleigh68 am the defendant in this case and a Litigant in person. The matters referred to in this statement are within my own knowledge, except where I have indicated otherwise.

1. Due to lack of information from the Claimant, the Defendant submitted an embarrassed defence on 9th February 2010, in response to the claim brought by the Claimant.

2. On receipt of the claim form, the Defendant made a request to the Claimant for information by way of CPR31.14. This request was received by the Claimant on 15th February 2010.

3. Information requested were those items mentioned in the Particulars of Claim, but not attached to the claim, due to the limitations of the Northampton Bulk Processing Centre.

4. Documents requested were necessary for the Defendant to submit a fully particularised defence and were;

4a. a copy of the credit agreement on which the Claimant bases their claim.

4b. a copy of the default notice

5. The Claimant acknowledged this request in their letter dated 23rd February 2010 which the Defendant received on 27th February 2010. The documents enclosed with this letter were;

5a. A photocopy of a document which is clearly head "Your Priority Application" (Does this form contain prescribed terms, if not say so)

5b. A blank templated copy of a default notice which contains no information to support the Claimant's claim.

5c. Statements of account

6. On 15th April 2010, the Defendant wrote to the Claimant again advising that the documents provided were not those requested. Those being, a copy of the fully executed agreement containing the prescribed terms and compliant with the Consumer Credit Act 1974. Plus a copy of the Default Notice that the Claimant advised they had sent. A blank template does not show the date of issue of the Default Notice, the clause the Defendant is supposed to have breached, the amount of the default, or the date by which the default could be remedied.

The Claimant signed for this letter on 20 April 2010. (Not sure what happened here. Why wait so long to respond - You received documents in February ? )

7. The Claimant's response dated 27th April 2010 and received on 30th April 2010, was that in their opinion they had complied with the request in full. The Claimant further advised that they had requested the Court strike out the Defendant's defence.

8. Due to the May Bank Holiday weekend the Defendant was unable to contact the Court until the morning of 04 May 2010 at which time the Defendant was told that the case had been placed before the Judge.

6. The General Direction order for Defence Strike Out and Application to lift the stay and enter judgement was posted from the Court on 14 May 2010 and delivered to the Defendant on the 18 May 2010.

7. The Defendant feels that as the CPR 31.14 request is outstanding and that as this case involves complex matters of Consumer Credit Law it is not appropriate for Summary Judgement and that further more the Claimant should be compelled by the court to provide the copy documentation referred to within the particulars of Claim.

Further more the Defendant feels that the manner in which a Strike Out of Defence was applied for by the Claimant whilst knowing they had not fully complied with a request for documents mentioned in their Particulars of Claim and not served with claim has seriously disadvantaged the Defendant, who is a Lititgant in Person.

STATEMENT OF TRUTH

Signed…………….

ejleigh68

Dated 20 May 2010

I have made some amendments. HTH.

You may want to wait for other comments.

BCOBS

Many thanks for your propmt reply Citezen B the documents from Halifax did not arrive until the end of March (I know should have moved for strike out myself but I had been under an immense amount of pressure at the time due to working away for days at a time) so have now included that date as well.

Anyhow have slightly ammended my Witness statement along the lines you suggested and am dispatching today would have loved to wait for more comments but unfortunatley unless I send it off today I will have run out of time...;)

Many thanks for your propmt reply Citezen B the documents from Halifax did not arrive until the end of March (I know should have moved for strike out myself but I had been under an immense amount of pressure at the time due to working away for days at a time) so have now included that date as well.

Anyhow have slightly ammended my Witness statement along the lines you suggested and am dispatching today would have loved to wait for more comments but unfortunatley unless I send it off today I will have run out of time...;)

Looks perfectly acceptable, especially at this stage as it's them who aren't performing ;)

Ammended Witness Statement for everyones reference.

Filed on behalf of: Defendant

Witness: ejleigh68

Date: 20th May 2010

IN THE NORTHAMPTON COUNTY COURT Claim No: 6666666

BETWEEN:

Claimant

And

ejleigh68

Defendant

WITNESS STATEMENT OF ejleigh68

I, ejleigh68am the defendant in this case and a Litigant in person. The matters referred to in this statement are within my own knowledge, except where I have indicated otherwise.

1. Due to lack of information from the Claimant, the Defendant submitted an embarrassed defence on 9 February 2010, in response to the claim brought by the Claimant.

2. On receipt of the claim form, the Defendant made a request to the Claimant for information by way of CPR31.14. This request was received by the Claimant on 15 February 2010.

3. Information requested were those items mentioned in the Particulars of Claim, but not attached to the claim, due to the limitations of the Northampton Bulk Processing Centre.

4. Documents requested were necessary for the Defendant to submit a fully particularised defence and were;

4a. A copy of the credit agreement on which the Claimant bases their claim.

4b. a copy of the default notice

5. The Claimant acknowledged this request in their letter dated 23rd February 2010 which the Defendant received on 27th February 2010.

6. A further letter was received on 30th March 2010 dated 25 March 2010 the documents enclosed with this letter were;

6a. A photocopy of a document which is clearly head "Your Priority Application" which does not contain prescribed terms under the Consumer Credit Act 1974.

6b. A blank templated copy of a default notice which contains no information to support the Claimant's claim.

6c. Statements of account

7. On 15 April 2010, the Defendant wrote to the Claimant again advising that the documents provided were not those requested. Those being, a copy of the fully executed agreement containing the prescribed terms and compliant with the Consumer Credit Act 1974. Plus a copy of the Default Notice that the Claimant advised they had sent. A blank template does not show the date of issue of the Default Notice, the clause the Defendant is supposed to have breached, the amount of the default, or the date by which the default could be remedied.

The Claimant signed for this letter on 20 April 2010.

8. The Claimant's response dated 27 April 2010 and received on 30 April 2010, was that in their opinion they had complied with the request in full. The Claimant further advised that they had requested the Court strike out the Defendant's defence.

9. Due to the May Bank Holiday weekend the Defendant was unable to contact the Court until the morning of 04 May 2010 at which time the Defendant was told that the case had been placed before the Judge.

10. The General Direction order for Defence Strike Out and Application to lift the stay and enter judgement was posted from the Court on 14 May 2010 and delivered to the Defendant on the 18 May 2010.

11. The Defendant feels that as the CPR 31.14 request is outstanding and that as this case involves complex matters of Consumer Credit Law it is not appropriate for Summary Judgment and that further more the Claimant should be compelled by the court to provide the copy documentation referred to within the particulars of Claim.

Further more the Defendant feels that the manner in which a Strike Out of Defence was applied for by the Claimant whilst knowing they had not fully complied with a request for documents mentioned in their Particulars of Claim and not served with claim has seriously disadvantaged the Defendant, who is a Litigant in Person.

STATEMENT OF TRUTH

Signed…………….

ejleigh68

Dated 20 May 2010

Thought I would post it up as this is much better laid out than my original many thanks to Citizen B for his invaluable input ..... :)

Right CAGGERS if Halifax decide to go with what they have I need a bit of advice, I am pretty confident with dealing with the lack of agreement etc in a Skeletal Defence but I am a little unsure on DN's I have tried looking around but have not found any threads where there is a total lack of DN or a blank one has been supplied.

Any comments or links would be greatly appreciated as I have previously stated am getting to work on my Defece proper now so that I have plenty of time to ammend and tweak it ..... :D

• 2 months later...

After a few quite months the case has finally been transfered to my local county court anyway below is my first stab at a skeletal defense to supply to the court.

IN THE CLAIM NO:

DARTFORD COUNTY COURT

On Transfer from the

NORTHAMPTON COUNTY COURT

BETWEEN

CLAIMANT

And

EJLeigh68

DEFENDANT

Skeleton Argument in Regard to the Defendants Application to Strike Out the General Directions Order Dated 13 May 2010

1. The original Defence was filed on the basis that the defendant did not have sufficient information to form a proper view as to whether the Defendant was indebted to the claimant as alleged or at all.

2. The Defendant therefore put the Claimant to strict proof of the claim by way of providing copies of the alleged Credit Agreement and Default Notice as stated in the Particulars of Claim, requesting the documentation pertained to in the Particulars of Claim using CPR 31.14 action on the 09 February 2010. This letter was signed for by the Claimant on 15 February 2010 an acknowledgement of service of said CPR request dated 23 February 2010 was received on 27 February 2010 by the Defendant.

3. The Claimant provided the Defendant with the documentation as listed below

a. A photocopy application form for a credit card which is clearly marked as such with the wording “Your Priority Application”. (Exhibit JML1)

b. A blank template of a default notice which contains no evidence of pertaining to the alleged claim. (Exhibit JML2)

c. Statements of account

4. The Claimant appears to believe that these documents establish an unanswerable claim and that consequently that the test in CPR 3.4(2)(a) is satisfied.

5. The Defendant feels that as the CPR 31.14 request is outstanding and that as this case involves complex matters of Consumer Credit Law was not appropriate for Summary Judgment. The clearly labeled “Application Form” does not comply with the Consumer Credit Act 1974 and Consumer Credit (Agreements) Regulations 1983 (SI 1983/1553).

6. The agreement must be signed in the prescribed manner to comply with s61 (1) CCA 1974, if the agreement is not signed by debtor or creditor it is also improperly executed and again only enforceable by court order.

7. The agreement must contain certain terms under regulations made by the Secretary of State under section 60(1) CCA 1974, the regulations referred to are the Consumer Credit (Agreements) Regulations 1983 (SI 1983/1553) amended by Consumer Credit (Agreements)(amendment) Regulations 2004 (SI2004/1482). It cannot therefore be enforced by a court by virtue of S127 (3) of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 under which this agreement would have been regulated.

8. The prescribed terms referred to are contained in schedule 6 column 2 of the Consumer Credit (Agreements) Regulations 1983 (SI 1983/1553) and are inter alia: - A term stating the credit limit or the manner in which it will be determined or that there is no credit limit, A term stating the rate of any interest on the credit to be provided under the agreement and A term stating how the debtor is to discharge his obligations under the agreement to make the repayments, which may be expressed by reference to a combination of any of the following--

1. Number of repayments;

2. Amount of repayments;

3. Frequency and timing of repayments;

4. Dates of repayments;

5. The manner in which any of the above may be determined; or in any other way, and any power of the creditor to vary what is payable

8. It is submitted that if the supposed credit agreement supplied falls foul of the Consumer Credit (Agreements) Regulations 1983 (SI 1983/1553) in so far that the prescribed terms are not contained within the agreement then the court is precluded from enforcing the agreement. The prescribed terms must be with the agreement for it to be compliant with section 60(1) Consumer Credit Act 1974.

I refer to the judgment of TUCKEY LJ in the case of Wilson and another v Hurstanger Ltd [2007] EWCA Civ 299, and also to LORD NICHOLLS OF BIRKENHEAD in the House of Lords Wilson v First County Trust Ltd - [2003] All ER (D) 187 (Jul) in regard to having a credit agreement for a course of action to succeed.

9. The supposed agreement is also clearly labeled as an “Application Form” and as such does not have the correct headed title (example Credit Card Agreement Regulated By the Consumer Credit Act 1974), nor does it the give the name and address of the Creditor and the Debitor within the title of the agreement.

10. The supposed agreement refers to free gifts “If you apply within 7 days”. It cannot both be an application and an agreement. Under the terms of the contra proferentum rule any ambiguity should be construed against the party that seeks to rely upon it. Consequently it is submitted that the document should be construed as not being an agreement.

11. In addition to the supposed credit agreement being irredeemably flawed, the default notice served under s87 (1) Consumer credit act 1974 failed to comply with the Consumer Credit (Enforcement, Default and Termination Notices) Regulations 1983 (SI 1983/1561) in as such as it is blank.

12. The Claimant is also put to strict proof of the date of mailing of any Default Notice that they claim was sent and that its content was valid. To be valid, a default notice needs to be accurate in terms of both the scope and nature of breach and include an accurate figure required to remedy any such breach. The prescribed format for such a document is laid down in Consumer Credit (Enforcement, Default and Termination Notices) Regulations 1983 (SI 1983/1561) and Amendment regulations the Consumer Credit (Enforcement, Default and Termination Notices) (Amendment) Regulations 2004 (SI 2004/3237).

Failure of a default notice to be accurate not only invalidates the default notice (Woodchester Lease Management Services Ltd v Swain and Co - (2001) GCCR 2255) but is an unlawful rescission of contract which would not only prevent the court enforcing any alleged debt. But would also give rise to a potential counterclaim for damages where damage occurs to my credit rating (Kpohraror v Woolwich Building Society - (1996 4 All ER 119).

13. It should be noted at this point that original copies of the documents relied upon in the Particulars of Claim should be retained for 5 years under the Money Laundering Regulations 2003 not to do so could be considered an offence under the aforementioned regulations.

14.In view of the matters pleaded, I respectfully request the court give consideration to striking out the claimants case pursuant to part 3.4

(2) The court may strike out a statement of case if it appears to the court -

(a) That the statement of case discloses no reasonable grounds for bringing or defending.

(b) That the statement of case is an abuse of the court's process or is otherwise likely to obstruct the just disposal of the proceedings: or

© That there has been a failure to comply with a rule. Practice direction or court order.

15. If the court considers such action inappropriate, it is requested that the court order the claimant to produce the following documents at a hearing:

a) An original credit agreement, which complies with the Consumer Credit Act 1974 and the Consumer Credit Agreements Regulations 1983.

b) Proof of the time of mailing of any default notice sent by the Claimant in respect of the account.

Without the production of the requested documents the case cannot be dealt with justly and fairly, and will severely prejudice my rights to a fair trial.

15. In the event that the Court determines that there is an agreement in existence the Defendant seeks a declaration pursuant to S142 (1)(b) Consumer Credit Act 1974 that, in accordance with SS127 (3) and 61(1) that the aforesaid agreement is unenforceable

I believe that the facts stated in this skeleton argument are true

Signed:

Defendant

Date

I apolagise in advance if anyone recognises some of their own work in here I freely admit to plagerising some excellent points from other threads on here. OK guys and girls fire away if you see anything way too bad to include....:p