Is there any value in 'being nice' to your DCA?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5130 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Nice to a DCA employee, lets see, in the bad old days pre CAG when I was getting dozens of calls a day from one psrticularly nasty bunch, and I was saying the same thing everytime because the dozy idiots could not or would not update their system - and all I was getting was abuse and more abuse - then the answer is No

Move forward post CAG - no longer get phone calls just get the usual speil from their well designed threat-o-grams that nearly always mentions court or hell and damnation in some form or other - then the answer is still

NO NO NO NO NO NO

Sod em they took this employment up so they can suffer the consequences

I have thought about this a bit since the thread started. In practical terms the situation should never arise because:

a. If they call us we should put the phone down without speaking and

b. We never call them.

As our only communications will be by written means our letters should be business-like, to the point and without abuse or swearing as we hold the high ground. We already know their letters will be bold typefaces, garish and dangerous reds and borders and full of twisted psychology, in other words not "nice" but we can simply file them and go on to have a good day.

It costs nothing to be polite, regardless of whatever is said to you AND, YOU FEEL BETTER FOR IT TOO.

Be the reverse and you lower yourself to their level.

I just say, 'my solicitor tells me/my missus I/she should not discuss my/her affairs with anyone I/she do/does not know... all this fraud y'know, I'm sure you understand - sorry, goodbye'.

They don't phone any more, except one every few weeks - and they're on a loser anyway... non-compliant CC agreement & DN (RBS).

Of course, that is not say they won't all pop their heads over the parapet from time to time. Oh what I would give for my old Lee-Enfield, a sniper sight and a few clips of ammo... :)

Edited by charlie*

It costs nothing to be polite, regardless of whatever is said to you AND, YOU FEEL BETTER FOR IT TOO.

Be the reverse and you lower yourself to their level.

:)

The above applies in general but;

DCA's are exempt!

Being polite, will get you nowhere.

Unfortunately, none-face-to-face communication is more likely to induce torrents of unimaginable abuse . In fact, 60% of us are more likely to lose our rag on the phone compared to being rational and discussing things face-to-face with a human being.

I was one of those "60%" - frightening behaviour for a graduate in English language

DCAs bring out the very worse in me!! So very difficult not to lower yourself to their level. So, another very great reason for NOT talking to them on the phone - EVER!!

Impecunious! :)

I was one of those "60%" - frightening behaviour for a graduate in English language

Well as a History graduate I can tell you that throughout the ages when advanced civilisations have come up against the lesser ones it is usually the more advanced culture that ends up bludgering them... despite the evolutionary gap.

I would use the same logic that we are on a higher intellectual/evolutionary line than those who work at the DCAs and therefore we will simply revert to our primal nature :D:D:D

Personally speaking and having suffered the Unfair Covert Practices employed by DCA's. I can see no point in being polite or, extending to them any courtesy whatsoever.

DCA's ride rough shod over the OFT guidelines on debt collection.

If they do not actually cross the line, they circumnavigate the line far beyond commom decency.

Their weapon is psychological harassment:

'we may', 'we might'...

e.g. we may instruct an agent to call at your home in order to make a doorstep assessment.

Answer:

Good Luck Matey, I have a bloody big Rottweiler (very friendly actually but she does not like DCA's)

Sign on gate: "BEWARE OF THE DOG"

"NO HAWKERS, NO CIRCULARS"

Personally speaking and having suffered the Unfair Covert Practices employed by DCAlink3.gif's. I can see no point in being polite or, extending to them any courtesy whatsoever.

Agree with that.

Would you be polite to what was stuck to you shoe and is now smelling your car out?

David

Do the Kilmarnock cowboys still have facility on there website where you could chat online with a droid?

Now that was fun. :lol::-D

Now that WAS fun :)

Shame I got them shut down... as far as I know it's no longer live.

:D:D:D:D

Do the Kilmarnock cowboys still have facility on there website where you could chat online with a droid?

Now that was fun. :lol::-D

kilmarnock are a good football team! and there are plenty of droids around!

yes, that was fun!

No wonder he was nice to you with a F&F of 70% - he saw you coming. "Nice" and "DCAs" is a contradiction in terms. If they don't like their jobs they can always leave and try to become better **** than they are now. Nice to them? Yes? No? ........mmmm - NO! God that was a difficult decision - not.:lol: