please help i need advice,claiming on home insurance

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4115 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

i was out of the country,my house was burgled.there was 2 incidents,window found broken and boarded up by police.then 2 days lated boards removed from broken window and burglary occured.i returned to uk and claimed from my insurance.

they have appointed a loss adjuster who is telling me i need to pay the exess of 350 pounds twice because there was 2 seperate incidents.

is he right in what he is saying or can i fight to get them to accept one insurance exess payment of 350 pounds.where do i stand.advice please on how to deal with these loss adjusters,i have been pursuing my claim for over 12 months now,loss adjuster keeps bringing new reasons out not to pay me.

The assessor is correct, an excess is per incident and you had two seperate incidents seperated by a reasonable period of time (in your case 48 hours), so you have two excesses to pay.

My advice is inform them you accept you have two seperate excesses to pay and then they have no reason to stall paying you any longer.

Mossy

• 2 years later...