Fraud Help

youngbuck
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5125 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I recently sold some items on the internet ( preloved) Which is a classified ads website, I recieved a phonecall from a bloke wantng to buy my items ( Dj equipment) and was willing to pay by bank transfer. The sale went ahead and i sold the equipment, Which he paid £3000 for, A few days later the bank informed me they were closing my account as the funds were transferred fraudelently and their fraud team were investigating the matter. I have the mans address and phone number and prove that i was selling the item.. What do i do? And what can happen to me?

It could happen, especially over the Internet :(

It is good that your bank are acting that quickly and trying to investigate this. I would suggest you give them as many details as you can relating to the buyer and the dates/payments involved, so they can sort this. You should then be entitled to your money back, which your bank will sort out for you.

If you have any tracks of written communication between you and the seller, this will also be helpful for the bank or whoever is pursuring him.

Dont worry - it is very unfortunate that this has happened, but it is in good hands, and your bank will sort everything out xx