CP Plus Limited: Parking Ticket

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5079 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Dear Forum

I today received an £80 Charge Notice from CP Plus Limited for a loan car from my dealership whilst my car is in for repair.

I went to Wokingham station and parked in front of another car. It now appears that I wasn't parked in a valid bay. I had purchased a ticket, but the signs do say I need to park within a bay. I assumed as I parked in front of another car that I was in a bay. The charge notice from CP Plus Limited is below, and my actual ticket is under that.

Do I need to pay the charge? I don't think I do from what I have read on the forums, but would like some advice?

Thanks in advance...

CP Plus - Front

100407ND01DRCPPlusLimitedParkingNot.jpg

CP Plus - Back

100407ND02CPPlusLimitedParkingNotic.jpg

Paid for Ticket!

100407ND03ParkingPaid.jpg

Basically, it is not a fine..... it is an unenforcible [problem] invoice.

Also. they appear to suggesting that British Rail regulations apply, which i think is a big no-no.

One difficulty is that paperwork will be addressed to the OWNER of the vehicle, not you.

It will be necessary for you to get the vehicle owner to pass on all correspondence to you to deal with.

Keep an eye out for replies on this from lamma, crem and one or two more knowledgeable users than me.

Regards Rooster.

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

Normal advise is to totally ignore an invoice from a PPC and just file their junk mail away as it arrives. However, as this was a hire (or loan) car then the situation is more complicated.

FIrst off I would advise your dealer that you do not accept this notice and that they can either ignore everything on your behalf, send them to you, or notify CP Plus that you had the car and they will accept no further mail from them. Whichever route they agree, make sure that it is clear to them that you will not accept any charges (admin or otherwise) from them.

If you paid the dealer's account with your credit card, I would ring your card company and tell them you have lost/damaged/eaten/or otherwise misplaced your card and would they please cancel that number and issue you with a new one. (That stops the dealer playing ignorant and charging your card anyway claiming it is in the "terms and conditions of hire")

@crem

OK, I think I can still do that. I can reply, and advise them that I was the driver at the time, and that all correspondence should be addressed to me, however, I dispute their "charge notice" and will not be paying. I have a valid ticket for parking in the car park, and was not parked on a yellow line or hatched area. The lines are faded in the car park, and it was reasonable to expect that it was a valid space as nothing was marked to suggest otherwise.

I would expect them to be unlikely to contact DVLA as I have admitted I am the driver, and they should just contact me?

The dealer will be more than happy to do as I ask, as my R8 is in again, for the 26th time in 19 months. I will ask them to respond to CP Plus with the latter, that the car was in my control and they accept nothing further as it is to do with me?

The dealer has no credit card, and my only concern is that they will, in their eagerness to help, pay it for me. They won't charge an admin charge to me. There is no cost for the car, and no agreement to loan me the car, we didn't sign any paperwork to hand the car over to me.

@Rooster UK

This was my thought. I haven't mentioned any Railway Regulations though.

Thanks for the response; will keep an eye out for any other responses.

Will respond as above unless someone suggests otherwise?

17ND

First, the ppc WILL contact the DVLA, looking for the registered keeper of the vehicle....... not the same as driver or owner. The reg keeper is the only info they can get.

Any other correspondence with the ppc will be regarded as an appeal......

There is no such thing as an appeal with a ppc...... they just don't exist.

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

@Al27

Long story, but yes, 26 times in 19 months it has been in, so the dealer and Audi UK are being very helpful right now...

Latest episode was the ECU failing on Friday. I have an A5 as a loaner, which is what got the ticket. R8 is back tomorrow. There is another thread regarding a ticket on the R8, which has gone nowhere. That was with Euro Car Parks...

The dealer has agreed to say I am responsible and that any pursuance should be direct to me.

Have written to them both explaining my situation. Am waiting for the PPC letters...

I think Mr 02/01 who handles Wokingham car park has alot to answer for. I just got back from a couple of days in London *with a valid weekly parking ticket left on display in my car* to find a notice stuck on the front wind screen claiming no ticket.

It had however slid down the dash board so was still visible, just not bindingly obvious and in your face, however I'm suspecting my car might have had a knock as my sat nav holder had fallen off the window as well.

Now, personally I'm all for stalking the car park and beating the ******* to a pulp for this (along with the MD of CP Plus), however sadly that is illegal, despite IMHO being a perfectly justifiable act against those who obviously quite ok with the concept of outright fraud, theft, lying etc, so I guess Im left with having to waste alot of time playing stupid games with a competely screwed up legal system.

Anyway - definately the same person - hand writing is the same too, just circumstance slightly different I was at least in a legitimatte bay and got done for an 03 instead.

If yours goes to court - I'm quite happy to forward my circumstances to the OP if that helps make the judge aware that this is part of a pattern and not a single isolated incident. A quite sift around the net however seems to suggest that dodgy tickets are normal every day practice for these people, including threast to clamp you in any car park they run in the country if you refuse to pay up and/or fight it.

I'm hoping that presenting a small claim court with the pruchase evidence and a statement will be suffficient to quash this, however I have close to zero beleif in the legal system we have here.

What Im not sure about is whether it is worth first writing to the CP plus to appeal against the ticket and send them photo copies of the ticket that their attendant was too blind to see or just simply ignored along with proof of purchase.

One other thing I am puzzled about - are CP plus definately 100% responsible, or do the railways also own the land of the car park and contract CP plus to operate the parking for them? SW rail seem to have zero interest in this of course. Even the guy in the wokingham ticket suggested physical violence as the only available course of action that would be likely to acheive any kind of satifaction :(

Edited by AdamG

CP Plus and court? We wish!

Ignore them. You've paid, end of. Imagine if Tesco tried to 'fine' you if you bought a pint of milk and couldn't produce a receipt for inspection when you left the store.

I think Mr 02/01 who handles Wokingham car park has alot to answer for. I just got back from a couple of days in London *with a valid weekly parking ticket left on display in my car* to find a notice stuck on the front wind screen claiming no ticket.

It had however slid down the dash board so was still visible, just not bindingly obvious and in your face, however I'm suspecting my car might have had a knock as my sat nav holder had fallen off the window as well.

Now, personally I'm all for stalking the car park and beating the ******* to a pulp for this (along with the MD of CP Plus), however sadly that is illegal, despite IMHO being a perfectly justifiable act against those who obviously quite ok with the concept of outright fraud, theft, lying etc, so I guess Im left with having to waste alot of time playing stupid games with a competely screwed up legal system.

Anyway - definately the same person - hand writing is the same too, just circumstance slightly different I was at least in a legitimatte bay and got done for an 03 instead.

If yours goes to court - I'm quite happy to forward my circumstances to the OP if that helps make the judge aware that this is part of a pattern and not a single isolated incident. A quite sift around the net however seems to suggest that dodgy tickets are normal every day practice for these people, including threast to clamp you in any car park they run in the country if you refuse to pay up and/or fight it.

I'm hoping that presenting a small claim court with the pruchase evidence and a statement will be suffficient to quash this, however I have close to zero beleif in the legal system we have here.

What Im not sure about is whether it is worth first writing to the CP plus to appeal against the ticket and send them photo copies of the ticket that their attendant was too blind to see or just simply ignored along with proof of purchase.

One other thing I am puzzled about - are CP plus definately 100% responsible, or do the railways also own the land of the car park and contract CP plus to operate the parking for them? SW rail seem to have zero interest in this of course. Even the guy in the wokingham ticket suggested physical violence as the only available course of action that would be likely to acheive any kind of satifaction :(

AdamG

I had a similar issue last year. Look at this thread: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/parking-traffic-offences/224771-euro-car-parks-pay.html

It is identical, except that this was a car park not affiliated to a railway station.

I had a ticket, it was all paid for, slipped off the dash. Wrote to them, explained the circumstances, and then ignored their demands, and nothing came of it.

• 1 month later...

Sounds like an admission that anything from Trethowans should be ignored as a matter of course, which we knew anyway.

I see 'Annette' doesn't have the human decency to apologise. Bit rude eh love?