When does the six years start that a debt is non-collectable?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5127 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I am using this thread as i cant work out how to start a new one!! :-)

My question is....when does the six years start that a debt is non-collectable? I am talking about an old credit card debt, so would it be from the last time I used the card or some other time?

And if I have already paid Lowell a couple of payments but stopped paying then does the six years start again once I made a payment to them?

Thanks

OK Thanks

Another problem that I am having that I may as well ask now is that I had a free Experian credit report quite a number of years ago and now they will not let me get another report (I plan on paying for this one) without confirming the address I lived at when I got the free report...

I moved around a huge amount at the time and so have given them, via telephone all addresses I could remember but none of them was the one they required.

Does anyone know what I could do as I have no idea??

Thanks again

Hi

No unfortunately it got lost a long time ago...

the stupid thing is though I have had a credit report (one of the £2 postal ones) sent to my current address about a month before I tried to sort this out so there is no reason I can think of that they would not hold my current address???

Thanks for moving my threads.....much appreciated

I was not sure that Equifax and Experian hold the same information as I thought that different companies use either of the two

Am I just not thinking it through properly? lol