Probation Advice

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5130 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

Probation Advice required - I started my current post Jan 2009 and had the usual 6 months probation period attached to my contract - i successfully progressed through the initial 6 week review with flying colours & then the 20 week report was due my then line manager who neglected to complete the report although I pressed her 3 times and HR then contacted her the day she was leaving her post through restructuring of the department. I then asked my temporary line manager who refused to undertake the report and stated that HR would contact my soon to be new line manager. Now over a year into my employment I was informed my job post is at risk of redundancy. Having checked my HR file I can see they have no record of the 20 week report (which was never undertaken) - however where do I stand as regards this - if it was never passed as not undertaken can this be used against me to dismiss me as part of this review / redundancies? HR are obviously not forthcoming with any information. The employers website section on probation periods doesnt mention anything with regards the matter and I have never had any communication with HR or my new line manager with regards the completion of this report. Obviously im worried now it will be used as a tool to make me redundant - as there would not be any other grounds to dismiss me (ie work rate, attendance etc)

Regards

Down to employer's selection criteria...

You must find out which criteria your employer will use to select employees at risk...

---Aut viam inveniam aut faciam---

***All advice given should be taken as guidance... Professional advice should always be taken before any course of action is pursued***

- I do not reply directly to any PMs, but you are more than welcome to enclose a link, in a PM, to your post. Thank you -

Make a contribution to this site... Help the CAG keeping on helping you for FREE.

Bigredbus - thank you for your reply - yes I thought as much and at present they have been very unsupportive with regards answering any questions relating to the consultation process etc. what i really need to know is if there is nothing detailed about this instance (ie report never being undertaken) - is ther a time period etc attached to these reports or is it just ongoing - I can find nothing on the employers website with regards this issue

If there is no mention of that specific report having to be produced on both internal policies and your contract, then you should not worry too much... I doubt that they would use the content of such report as a criterion then... and if they attempt to do so, you should remind them that you have, on various occasions, brought the matter to their attention and nothing has been done satisfactorily...

---Aut viam inveniam aut faciam---

***All advice given should be taken as guidance... Professional advice should always be taken before any course of action is pursued***

- I do not reply directly to any PMs, but you are more than welcome to enclose a link, in a PM, to your post. Thank you -

Make a contribution to this site... Help the CAG keeping on helping you for FREE.