question re prescription charges - item not received

spaspeckerthedull
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5126 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

have searched but can't find a similar case

basically, had a check-up at my local hospital. consultant prescribed me 2 items. went to the pharmacy to collect but had no means of paying at the time (wallet left in car doh!!) they said OK and would invoice me at home. they only had 1 item in stock, which I took, the other would be posted to me when available. I never received the item but the hospital are claiming I owe for 2. have tried to explain over the phone, but they are now threatening DCA for the full amount. recently received a letter with a proof of posting, and noted that item was sent recorded signed for. nothing has been delivered, nothing has been signed for. I've checked track and trace but it's showing as "no information available"

I've told them i'm happy to pay for the 1 item I got, but not for the other, which I reckon is fair enough. DCA's don't scare me, especially for £7:20, but I really don't want to get into it with them.

any help/comments much appreciated

How long ago was the recorded item supposedley sent to you?

It stays online for 6 months before it's deleted from the Royal Mail system

(or at least the ones we as josephine public can see)

Am I right in thinking that the hospital stated that they'd send you an item via recorded delivery and they've supplied you with the proof of postage slip which included the recorded delivery tracking number and you've gone on to the Royal Mail website, entered the tracking information where it's come up as 'no information available?'

If this is the case and it's over the 15 WORKING days since it was sent to you and there is no tracking info available then it's either not been delivered, is officially 'lost' or they've given you the wrong tracking information...none of which is your fault/problem.

Take a snapshot of the Royal Mail page that shows the tracking info is

not available (should include the number/ref they've given you) and write to the hospital a brief but to the point letter along these lines

Dear Sir/Madam

Thank you for your letter dated / / the contents of which are noted.

In your letter you kindly sent me a proof of purchase and tracking information for the item that you say you've sent me but which I do not appear to have received.

I have taken your tracking reference number and entered it into the Royal Mail website but it has come up as 'No Information Available' . I enclose a printout taken from the Royal Mail Website quite clearly showing this.

It may be that you have sent it to a different address or that the item has been lost in the post but I have quite clearly not received what you say you have sent.

I enclose a cheque for the 1 Item you had in stock when I visited your pharmacy but I have no intention of paying for the second item that you allegedly sent out, until such time as I actually receive it.

It is not my intention to evade payment but simply put I will not pay for something I quite clearly have not received.

I hope this can be the end to the matter.

For speed and security I have sent this letter to you by Royal Mail 2nd class recorded.

Yours

Keep a copy and hope that it really is the end of the matter, if they persist send a letter to the hospital administrator and enclose copies of the above letter and blah blah.

I reside in Dawlish Warren but am not a rabbit.

thanks for the response - I've already sent a letter off which is virtually word-for-word what you advised, I know through experience that if anything is lost by royal mail through this service it's down to the sender to chase it up. They did send me proof of posting with a tracking number but it's useless until the item is actually delivered. Item wasn't delivered, it wasn't signed for and so will now be returned to sender. I also happened to mention that I am a trustee on the local trust and should they continue to harass me for this money I will be writing to/speaking to the governing board.

I'm also going to email my local MP or better yet just go to his next "surgery" at the town hall 'cos he can't ignore me then!! for all his faults though he just loves stuff like this and there's an election soon ............

Your local MP won't have the time for it, he'll be busy out on the pub run aka campaign trail.

If it were me and this is my own opinion I would leave it where you're at now...the NHS is bulging at the seems with red tape and if you keep them busy on something like this you're eating into their already over burdened resources....yes they're not clever for what they've done but you've replied with what should really be the end of it, leave at that and chalk it down to experience...

I reside in Dawlish Warren but am not a rabbit.