Jump to content

What can I do If I do not owe the money


style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4433 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then


Please click the "Report " link


at the bottom of one of the posts.


If you want to post a new story then


Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 



Recommended Posts

Hi All

I had a phone on 3 with a 18 month contract the company service was

bad after 13 months the phone had packed up and I had got another with a differant provider, as I use it for work it has to be reliable.I phoned 3 twice to cancil the contract each time got through to customer service told them i wished to cancil at the end of the contract they could not do this and had to talk to options, we will put you through after1 hour of canned muzac I hanged up so sent e-mail. to cancil. At the end date stopped the direct debit and throught that would be it. Oh no the first bill arrives phones them again still will not cancil will put you through to options so I told them to phone me when somebody is avalable. They phoned back but again it was customer services we will have to put you through to options I said if I was no an operater avalable I would hang up, then the music started so I hung up. Then they phoned me back and got through 1st time. They would not comment on why the contract had not been canciled and I would have to pay another month said will not pay for 3 bad record keeping and the fact they do not have enough staff to provide a service.

Within a month the letters started Moorcroft Debit Recovery you owe £33.28 court,people will call,litigation warning, ect. I sent reply explane situation had contacted customer services sent e-mail did all I could to cancil contract. I got the strangest letter from them that was no more than a pack of lies and the end saying the ballance on the account is now due for payment, if you are unhappy with the information please contact us by return signed the accounts department. I did reply twice telling that I contested the dept but got no replys. It when quite so I throught they had gone away.


Next we got letters from a company called C.A.R.S there 1st letter was to say after repeted attemps to contact you bla bla again I sent 2 replys explaning what happend by post and e-mail not an answer on any in the end I did phone them on a 0844 number that I have to payfor the operative said they work for there client and it is up to me to prove I do not owe the money they do not need any information from ther client, for me to prove I do not owe 3 I must send 18 months bank statments and a copy of the e-mail asked for call log for the conversation we do not have them can I have a copy of my information kept by you " I would not think so "

I have now had a text off a company called courtlink ? phone this number quote this ref no I am so fed up with all this oh its now for the sum of £41.96 the easy way would be to pay up but thats not me I have never in my life ordered a service and not payed for it. I just dont see a way I can stop this its taken up so much time but I do not want to pay for a service I that should have been canciled as requested. sorry if it goes on a bit any help would be great it appers to me that the big companys can say he is guilty go get £50 go hound him the debt companys dont ask why just go ye-ha



Link to post
Share on other sites

I would ignore the DCAs and write to 3's Complaints Department with a formal complaint that you are being pursued for payment on a contract you cancelled but they failed to process the cancellation and they should either take you to court for the matter to be resolved or cease pursuing you unlawfully for payment via agencies. Mark the bottom of the letter "Cc The Office of Fair Trading."

Link to post
Share on other sites

you cant explain anything to a dca they dont know what to do if you dare to dispute a debt, ignore the fools and complain to ofcom about the phone provider




Getting There Slowly



Advice is given freely but is in no way meant to be taken as Gospel:-)

Link to post
Share on other sites

Try e mailing this:


[email protected]

Every journey begins with a single step :):)


Please note: I have no qualifications in this area - my advice is learned from the wonderful members of this Forum. Thanks to you all for your help.


If you have found my post helpful please leave a short message by clicking the star to the left of my profile - Thank You


The only person entitled to your Personal Finance details is a Judge not a DCA


Move all banking activity to another banking group if you have a dispute - your funds can be used to offset debts within the same group.

Be careful with Banking details (card/account numbers) as these can be used to take unauthorised payments.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Ha 3! Proper pump....


Yes as advised, ignore [email protected], keep a check on your Credit file if they are of any importance to you.


For that measeley sum of money, they will do the square route of FA, except send you threatening letters and hamster bedding.


Complain direct to 3's customer services (lack of) and tell them that unless they call of their chosen DCA you will gladly forward your complaint onto the OFT, TS, and OfCom, and tip off Watchdog also.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!



Link to post
Share on other sites

  • 2 months later...

Thanks to All

I told the dca I would only deal direct with 3

or if they wish they could take direct to court :rolleyes:


pp to the The Office of Fair Trading and ofcom


the dca have now gone back under there stone


thanks again to all Dave


Will let you know is they come up from under the stone AGAIN:x

Link to post
Share on other sites

But did you get anything back from 3? You should really insist they respond to your letter because if they haven't they will simply pass it onto another debt collector and you'll have to go through the same process again. If 3 are not playing ball then coplian to the regulatory authorities.

Link to post
Share on other sites


  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    • No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...