Lowells / Cap1 can't produce a CCA now they have past over to Red

just_jue
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4282 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello everyone,

We had some problems in 2002-2003 and ran up a debt with Capital One, with all their charges to debt ran up to just on £1000.

The debt has now been brought by Lowell of Leeds.

On the 26th of April I sent them a CCA request. Got the standard letter dated the 29th saying they are asking C1 for the CCA agreement.

Now the 12 + 2 days have passed what letter do I send now?

I also got SAR from C1, the last payment was made July 2004. Checking the charges (late and over limit) and they are approx £600, can I ask that these charges are taken off the debt?

Thanks

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You should reclaim the charges from Crap1 who will probably pay the refund to Lowlife anyway, although you might be lucky & they'll send you it instead.

You said that you CCA'd Lowell & are still waiting for it, did you get a copy with your SAR? If not it would be likely that there isn't one, in which case it might be better to get your refund before you dispute the a/c.

• 2 weeks later...

Obviously the silly Ms Swallow is not paying attention. Send her this

Dear Ms Swallow

Thank you for your rather silly letter. You are in fact mistaken in your misguided response to my CCA request. As a Credit Professional belonging to a company who are members of the CSA I would have thought that you would be au fait with current legislation. You are sadly mistaken in you opinion that you have more than 12 working days to comply with my legal request and I suggest you contact a solicitor for Legal advice (I would not recommend your in house team of Hampton Legal).

On this occasion I will put your response down to mere stupidity rather than a deliberate attempt to deceive which as you know would be a clear breach of the Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regulations 2008, The CSA Code as well as the OFT Guidelines on the Collection of Debt.

Actually I think I will report the matter to the OFT as it would appear the lack of knowledge the Consumer Credit Act would indicate perhaps that the Lowell Group are not fit to hold a Consumer Credit Licence.

You cannot pretend that you were not aware of the change in Legislation as it has been pointed out to you numerous times by members of the Consumer Action Group.

Infact I dont even know why you bothered sending you silly letter to me when you know as well as I do that Capital One will be unable to produce anything remotely resembling a properly executed CCA Agreement.

So why waste my time and yours by pretending otherwise.

yours etc

Even though she is a big fibber you have to admire the name! She would have got some stick for that at school which I'm sure no doubt made a big impression on her career choice (unpopular kids becomes Police officers etc.)