increase ccj payment - Mortimer Clarke Solicitors on behalf of BCT

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4437 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

Not been on here for a while as been up to my neck with life and the debt collecting termites have been quiet... until now...

Im paying £10 per month, on time, and up to date, to Mortimer Clarke Solicitors on behalf of BCT... they have a CCJ on this plus a charging order on my property, its for 2-3k? They have written to me now wanting to review the £10 per month payment. Can they do this? I thought once this was sorted with the courts as a CCJ thats how it stood until it was paid off.

Any advice please?

You only pay what the court ordered, if Shylock Solicitors want you to increase the payments they would need to apply to the court for a redetermination. Technically they are committing contempt of court if they try to pressure you into increasing the payment.

Anthrax alert at debt collectors caused by box of doughnuts

Make sure you do not post anything which identifies you. Although we can remove certain things from the site unless it's done in a timely manner everything you post will appear in Google cache & we do not have any control over that.

Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

17 Port & Maritime Regiment RCT

Hi,

Not been on here for a while as been up to my neck with life and the debt collecting termites have been quiet... until now...

Im paying £10 per month, on time, and up to date, to Mortimer Clarke Solicitors on behalf of BCT... they have a CCJ on this plus a charging order on my property, its for 2-3k? They have written to me now wanting to review the £10 per month payment. Can they do this? I thought once this was sorted with the courts as a CCJ thats how it stood until it was paid off.

Any advice please?

I'm sure you know it anyway but with your £10pcm, it's always best to pay it by standing order and a few days before it's due, once slip and the miscreants known as a dca will soon try and hoist you before the court re the charging order to try and get a house sale.

I reside in Dawlish Warren but am not a rabbit.

thanks to both of you, its much appreciated.

I tried to get a standing order/payment by card etc, but they would only accept a cheque to be posted every month. :rolleyes:

Would it be an idea to reply to them mentioning that the £10 was the agreed sum and they would be in contempt of court? Is there any legal sections I can quote or is there a template letter for this? Im not ringing them as i dont talk to DCAs over the phone.

When the judgement was made was it ordered that you pay £10 pm? If so tell them to read the CCJ and if they continue to try and increase the payment you will notify the court, Trading Standards, the OFT & the FSA.

Anthrax alert at debt collectors caused by box of doughnuts

Make sure you do not post anything which identifies you. Although we can remove certain things from the site unless it's done in a timely manner everything you post will appear in Google cache & we do not have any control over that.

Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

17 Port & Maritime Regiment RCT

Who has the charge on your property and who do you pay the 'cheque' to?

Cheques are fast becoming obsolete and they're supposed to make paying them a relatively easy task.

I think you should press whoever it is that you're paying the debt to and press them very hard to be able to set up a standing order to their bank accounts, they have a bank account, I see no reason why a simple standing order cannot be set up each month.

Don't take no for an answer, ramp up the pressure re payment methods.

I reside in Dawlish Warren but am not a rabbit.

Who has the charge on your property and who do you pay the 'cheque' to?

Cheques are fast becoming obsolete and they're supposed to make paying them a relatively easy task.

I think you should press whoever it is that you're paying the debt to and press them very hard to be able to set up a standing order to their bank accounts, they have a bank account, I see no reason why a simple standing order cannot be set up each month.

Don't take no for an answer, ramp up the pressure re payment methods.

If you actually have their bank details you could just set up the SO yourself anyway. That's what I did with Sharklays and it has never been queried.

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!

the payment is to Mortimer Clarke Solicitors, which is owed to british credit trust. I deal with three each month, the same, their all backwards and quite unhelpful.

Thanks for your replys.