Sick Of Being Ignored!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5130 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

Despite notifying several parasitic Debt Collectors (lowell, Cabot, Capquest, McKenzie Hall etc.), that my debts are statute barred and they have zero chance of getting any of my money, they continue to ignore my claims and carry on as if I had never wrote to them.

What's the story with this then?

I've even had Cabot sending me an account statement!

I absolutely and positively know that any debts I had are Statute Barred, there is no question of having paid any of them or contacted any of them within the last 6 years.

Yet they continue to send me the biggest load of nonsense, account statements and the like, surely this is some kind of tactic?

I sent them a Statutory Notice to inform them about processing my data etc. and, guess what? they ignored that as well.

They, apparently, are legally entitled to do so because of the credit agreement that I signed (this does not exist by the way I asked for a copy etc. and never got anything).

Should I just bin their letters and forget about it or go through the endless drudgery of writing letters only to be ignored again?

If a debt is Statute Barred what can they do about it in reality?

Thanks!

RI

Hi

Normal DCA tatics they all ignore ..total waste of paper ink and postage..Dont bin any letters just file under ignore..Unless they send you a SD(stat Demand) or a summons dont do anything..just put ya feet up ..If you get either of the 2 through the letter box then come back on here and the pro,s will guide you through the process :)

And if debt stat bard they know they cant do nothing ..But it doesnt stop them from trying

Or you could get a copy of your CRA File this will only cost £2 via post once you have it scan and print of copies and sent to the DCA's with a *uck off letter.

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

I tried my local Trading Standards but the person assigned to me was quite pathetic and gave me the impression that she was on the bank's side!

I told her to forget it.

How on earth can they send a Stat Demand to anyone if the debt is Statute Barred and/or there is no CCA?

Would they actually be so pedantic?

I believe that after the 6years (5 in Scotland) they cannot chase you for the debt, however, the debt still 'exists'.

Personally I would report each and every one of them to the OFT and Tradings Standards.

If it were me I would send one more letter for each account :

I do not acknowledge any debt to you or any other company or organisation that you claim to be representing.

Dear Sir/Madam

Account No:

You have contacted me/us regarding the account with the above reference number, which you claim is owed by myself/ourselves.

I/we would point out that under the Limitation Act 1980 Section 5 "an action founded on simple contract shall not be brought after the expiration of six years from the date on which the cause of action accrued".

I/we would also point out that the OFT say under their Debt Collection Guidance on statute barred debt that "it is unfair to pursue the debt if the debtor has heard nothing from the creditor during the relevant limitation period".

The last acknowledgement or payment of this debt was made over six years ago and no further acknowledgement or payment has been made since that time.

Unless you can provide evidence of payment or written contact from me/us in the relevant period under Section 5 of the Limitation Act, I/we suggest that you are no longer able to take any court action against me/us to recover the alleged amount claimed.

The OFT Debt Collection Guidance states further that "continuing to press for payment after a debtor has stated that they will not be paying a debt because it is statute barred could amount to harassment contrary to section 40 (1) of the Administration of Justice Act 1970".

I/we await your written confirmation that no further contact will be made concerning the above account and confirmation that this matter is now closed.

I/we look forward to your reply.

Yours faithfully

I believe that after the 6years (5 in Scotland) they cannot chase you for the debt, however, the debt still 'exists'.

Personally I would report each and every one of them to the OFT and Tradings Standards.

If it were me I would send one more letter for each account :

I do not acknowledge any debt to you or any other company or organisation that you claim to be representing.

Dear Sir/Madam

Account No:

You have contacted me/us regarding the account with the above reference number, which you claim is owed by myself/ourselves.

I/we would point out that under the Limitation Act 1980 Section 5 "an action founded on simple contract shall not be brought after the expiration of six years from the date on which the cause of action accrued".

I/we would also point out that the OFT say under their Debt Collection Guidance on statute barred debt that "it is unfair to pursue the debt if the debtor has heard nothing from the creditor during the relevant limitation period".

The last acknowledgement or payment of this debt was made over six years ago and no further acknowledgement or payment has been made since that time.

Unless you can provide evidence of payment or written contact from me/us in the relevant period under Section 5 of the Limitation Act, I/we suggest that you are no longer able to take any court action against me/us to recover the alleged amount claimed.

The OFT Debt Collection Guidance states further that "continuing to press for payment after a debtor has stated that they will not be paying a debt because it is statute barred could amount to harassment contrary to section 40 (1) of the Administration of Justice Act 1970".

I/we await your written confirmation that no further contact will be made concerning the above account and confirmation that this matter is now closed.

I/we look forward to your reply.

Yours faithfully

I've sent this to all of them but they simply disregard it and keep sending me stupid letters!

That's what I mean by 'ignored'.

More importantly, they are using the CRA'S as a weapon in their relentless hounding!

Thanks for the input!

RI

The thing is what they are doing only causes the opposite effect in that the more they hound you the more you will fight.

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

That's a small, but significant error in the sense that they can still 'ask' you to pay the debt, assuming the debt is actually yours to pay.

They have to be 100% sure that you are who they think you are (i.e the debtor) before they 'ask' - they are not permitted to offer/threaten a court resolution to the matter - and all collection activity must cease once they have been informed and are aware that you will not/can not pay and the debt is statute barred.

If they continue to call and/or write, you should keep records and report them. They will say it's an 'administrative oversight' or a 'computer generated letter', or something along those lines, but as the recent British Gas case established, they can not use that as a defence to the fact they are unlawfully pursuing you. A formal complaint will go a long way toward to laying the foundation for a counter-claim, should it become possible.

:)

HOIST BY THEIR OWN PETARD.

Blimey it works....:-)

It always is in the back of my mind that they could 'fabricate' details to make the debt 'live' again.

I'm sure it has been done before plenty!

After my incident with the forged signature on the dodgy Capital 1 CCA I've been very paranoid about these b*****ds and their tactics.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/249811-signature-tampering.html

RI

Correction about Scotland - under the Prescriptions and Limitations Act the debt does cease to exist altogether after 5 years.

So what if you lived in Scotland when you 'aquired' the debt and moved to say, England for example and it became Statute Barred then?

the more you write back to these leechers the more markers they put on your files that a mug awaits.

you are causing yourself the grief by sending anything.

you are on a phishing list.....simple.

it matters not you send XXX letter saying its statute barred, the leech that has you on their list is NEVER going to fwd that info on as it makes the list worthless

ignore them.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

ignore them.

dx

The bottom line.......and by far the most effective method to get a debt problem resolved. :)

If they can take you to court, they will, but even then you'll probably come out of it better off.

It's statute barred.

Ignore them.

HOIST BY THEIR OWN PETARD.

Blimey it works....:-)