Yorkshire Water problem

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4428 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I live in a 3 bedroomed teraced house and up until our neighbours (about 6 years ago) had a downstairs bathroom extension our water flow was ok. I noticed a difference but not much of one.

I then got a new neighbour who is obsessed (it seems) with extensions. He applied for a side extension (to accomodate his elderly parents) and a single rear extension.

Here is my problem - other than the fact that he could have accomodated his parents without the numerous extensions!!

We had a problem with our water flow - waiting anything up to half an hour (if lucky) to get water to our shower etc - wasn't as bad if we decided to get showered at stupid o'clock.

I called YW and they came out with their little flow cup and said that they would send someone else out to solve the problem - not getting enough litres per household apparently.

It didn't improve!! When my neighbour started his extension I soon discovered that he had completely different plans to the ones submitted ie - the ground floor extension which was going to be a granny flat - is now the new kitchen.

He has also fitted an ensuite to their extended bedroom (he had permission for this) and I have just discovered today (saw pipework) that he has fitted a bathroom in the loft room also (without permission btw).

Now - here's my problem. I expressed concerns to YW about the impact of all these additional bathrooms (they now have 4 bedrooms - all with bathrooms!!) on our shared water supply. THey told me that they would monitor the situation and maybe make him go onto his own water supply(at the mo it is shared between 4 houses).

He did mention this to me but then said that he would have to be on a meter and with 5 people living there it would cost a fortune - not my problem!!

YW have failed to monitor this as promised and now he has an extra bathroom than expected. WHat shall I do???????????? Sorry for the long post but wanted to tell all the details for a clear picture.