Funding Corporation - Is this a new record??

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4393 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, very brief history....I bought a car in June 08 from TFC through Approved Car Finance with a bill of sale, credit agreement, and was told as I was self-employed, I'd have to take out all the insurances (breakdown, GAP etc)...A few weeks ago, I ruptured disks in my back and have been forced to take a few weeks off work...My normal monthly car payment was due on March 21st, and I phoned them to tell TFC that my payment would be 2 weeks late (my return to work date) They told me that this shouldnt be a problem and that I still might get a phone call or two from them until the payment had been made.....Phone call or two?...Now thats an understatement!....21 calls and 8 messages left on my phone since then (only 12 days!) and now this morning they sent me a S78 Default Notice (dtd 31/03/10) jeez the payment was only 10 days late!...Is this some kind of record?....I'm phoning up to make the payment on wednesday, but now thanks to their bully-boy tactics, my credit file is trashed some more.....I'm presuming they're acting totally within the law, and that I have no recourse...any advice would be much appreciated!

Thanks

• 1 month later...
Hi, very brief history....I bought a car in June 08 from TFC through Approved Car Finance with a bill of sale, credit agreement, and was told as I was self-employed, I'd have to take out all the insurances (breakdown, GAP etc)...A few weeks ago, I ruptured disks in my back and have been forced to take a few weeks off work...My normal monthly car payment was due on March 21st, and I phoned them to tell TFC that my payment would be 2 weeks late (my return to work date) They told me that this shouldnt be a problem and that I still might get a phone call or two from them until the payment had been made.....Phone call or two?...Now thats an understatement!....21 calls and 8 messages left on my phone since then (only 12 days!) and now this morning they sent me a S78 Default Notice (dtd 31/03/10) jeez the payment was only 10 days late!...Is this some kind of record?....I'm phoning up to make the payment on wednesday, but now thanks to their bully-boy tactics, my credit file is trashed some more.....I'm presuming they're acting totally within the law, and that I have no recourse...any advice would be much appreciated!

Thanks

Welcome

First off, what they did is harrasment..clearly. In the stickys there is a harrasment letter, send that to them via reg latter.

Complain, by letter (don't use the phone, they will fob you off) to the company in question, out line your complaint and state that at this time you see the account is dispute, ask them what charges have been added to the account, they will charge you with there phone and messages..

This should put a stop to the default notice, as i understand it.

You could get them to reviel whats on your account, send a SAR to them, this is part of the 1998 Data Protection Act, so they must send you EVERYTHING including phone transcripts, if they don't send everything, they breech the act. They have 40 days to provide it.

Get the complaint letter off ASAP.

trooper68

Trooper68:)