Direct Debit taken without permission

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5137 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have just checked my bank details on-line and a Direct Debit which I cancelled has been taken out. I went to my local branch on the 31st March 2010 and spoke to the manager and told him that I had an going dispute with Scottish Power and I have cancelled my DD with them until my dispute is sorted out.

I was sent a final bill from Scottish Power and the dates did reference numbers did not tally. I was with SP and now with BG, but SP have taken money from my account without my permission, making me go way over my overdraft limit.

I told my bank manager not to let this DD go through and he said that it would not as my account was showing that I had canceled the DD with SP.

So what SP have done is created a account in my name and taken money out of my account. Is this not fraud. I even told the bank manager that SP have not got the right reference number and he assured me that the DD would not go through.

I am absolutely fuming and want to complain, but who do I complain to. I expect I should complain against my bank manger and SP. Any help please?

Agree with Rebel

Your bank have to refund you immediately under the DD Guarantee. All you need to do is speak to your bank and they should do this. They will just return the payment to SP and put the account back to the position it was before the payment went through. So any fees or charges the bank have applied will be waived.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

rebel11 : the Banking Code died last November. It was replaced by the Lending Code which is much the same - except that breaches of it cannot be used as the basis for complaints to the FOS.

I really do appreciate all those 'thank you' emails - I'm glad I've been able to help. Apologies if I haven't acknowledged all of them.

You can also ding my gong if you prefer. :)

rebel11 : the Banking Code died last November. It was replaced by the Lending Code which is much the same - except that breaches of it cannot be used as the basis for complaints to the FOS.

Thanks I've deleted the link, I stand corrected.

Thank you all for helping. I think I should complain to my bank manager as he confirmed to me that my DD had been canceled and that SP would not be able to take out any money, I also showed him that SP had made another reference number to my account which was not the same as my original one.

I will ask him to refund that money taken from SP back in to my account.

Edited by exclusivemember

Datescb_arrow_up.gifTypeDescriptionPaid inPaid outBalance 11 Jan 2010INT21DEC A/C

- 10.64 11 Jan 2010 CHG 21DEC A/C

- 20.00 11 Feb 2010 INT 21JAN A/C

- 11.54 11 Feb 2010 CHG 21JAN A/C

- 20.00 12 Mar 2010 INT 21FEB A/C

- 11.71 12 Mar 2010 CHG 19FEB A/C

Is it OK for the bank to charge this much of interest and charges and charge double payments in one day?