Car repossession threat, help needed

egbb
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5138 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, all got a car through British Credit Trust and stupidly missed some payments without talking to them due to financial difficulties at the time.

Repo man appeared today but didn't have the required court order so I refused to hand over the car.

I've written to BCT today offering them the normal monthly payment plus an amount towards the arrears that I can actually afford.

I am concerned that they will now go away and apply for the court order and come an get the car.

Would a court view my offer favourably should BCT refuse.

Is there any other way I can tackle this other than wht I have done. My wife needs the car and we can't afford to get another and be paying off BCT should the sell the car at auction.

Just to add, this all seemed to start after I wrote to them challenging their arrears charges etc.

You mention court order which suggests that you have paid the minimum amount off the agreement which is normally a third of the original loan. Assuming that is the case, had they have taken the car without a court order, you would of been able to take THEM to court. By doing this puts the agreement in dispute and subsiquently BCT will probably now have their tail between their legs and will almost certainly accept your offer. They also may be prepared to 'freeze' any arrears charges providing you maintain the arrangement and don't miss any further payments.

If they were to take court action, it is highly likely you could offer less what you are offering them now and the judge would almost certainly agree with you and allow you to pay a really silly amount per month if you are in genuine financial difficulties.

Please Note

The advice I offer will be based on the information given by the person needing it. All my advice is based on my experiences and knowledge gained in working in the motor and passenger transport industries in various capacities. Although my advice will always be sincere, it should be used as guidence only.

I would always urge to seek professional advice for clarification prior to taking any action.

Please click my scales at the bottom of my profile window on the left if you found my advice usefull.