doorstep call from robinson way - advice please

pegasus10

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4432 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi all

i have previously cca'd robinson way for a credit card debt and got sent a print off of some terms and conditions with my account number written at the top - no actual document with a signature. so i sent them a letter saying that they had not sent me an enforceable document and until they did so not to try and collect. i had a letter back saying they thought what they had sent me was sufficient. i ignored this as obviously their 'agreement' was worthless. all was quiet for a few months then last week i had someone leave a note through the door saying they were from robinson way and to call them. i sent another letter regarding their refusal to provide a valid agreement and also the one to stop doorstep calls. that was posted special delivery last thursday so they would have had it on friday, but yesterday they called round again. my wife answered the door not realising who it would be and they asked for me. she said i wasnt home then when they said who they were she told them i had sent a letter to the company. he asked that i call him on the number he had previously left and said he would call back. so my question is what is my next step. do i assume that they have just not actioned my letters? or are they ignoring them? is there anything else i can do to stop them knocking the door? thanks for any advice.

Have you sent them the letter templates from here, to a) put the account into dispute for 'Failing' to provide the CCA within the time limits, and b) the doorstep callers letter?

If he calls again tell him in no uncertain terms to foxtrot oscar, if he doesn't leave call the Police 999, and report that there is a man on your property asking for money and won't leave when told to do so, and you believe there will be a breach of the peace.

These people have no legal training or qualifications, let alone to knock on peoples doors and request money!

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Just keep a copy of the doorstep letter by your door and if the cretin turns up hand it to him then tell him to leave - nicely of course;)

PGH7447

Getting There Slowly

---------

Advice is given freely but is in no way meant to be taken as Gospel:-)

yes i sent both of those last week. so i can just tell them to do one if they turn up again then. fantastic :)

Just stand there and stare at him, stony faced, just staring and blinking, rocking from side to side......saying nothing, expressionless...I'll give him 30 seconds max before he disappears!:lol: