MBNA/Restons taking me to court

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3619 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi Redfish.

Spotted this on another thread. You have 14 days from the judgement it appears to get things moving. (link below)

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?228617-kaz3571-V-Cabot&p=3163682&viewfull=1#post3163682

Good luck,

M

ALL unsolicited PMs and E-mails should be posted up - Not all on CAG are who they appear to be

My views are my own. If in doubt, seek professional advice. If I can help though, I will. CAG helped me!!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi LB and M and M

Well I have more of the detail now after getting a reply from the solicitors. It seems the envelopes for the default notice got mixed up (not sure who was to blame, us or the solicitors), instead of the back giving a Chester address it had a Northampton address. What was funny though was that the MBNA Witness Statement was that they never send DNs second class (!!!), and when we had to disclose our evidence, we had a scan of the front of the envelope which clearly showed it had been posted 2nd class...they asked to see the back of the envelope as if they knew there would be an error, that was when the Northampton address came to light! Now how would they be looking for that? It seems strange that they were so sure of themselves, especially as I do know at some time I did have the right envelope and it had been sent second class. Anyway, the solicitors decided not to go to trial on this basis, as they felt the courts would accept a reconstituted agreement, and they agreed a consent order...and now MBNA have put a charging order on our property!

Hi Redfish,

I just checked my two MBNA DN's and they were both sent UK mail (S) which I understand is second class and they were both from the Chester address (P O Box 1004)

HTH