paid for parking

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5138 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi, i received a pcn in hammersmith and fulham after putting £7.20 into the meter. The signs were really misleading. the panel on the meter said that parking was controlled 8 -8pm, however on the top of the meter it said pay and display 10am - 12pm and then 2pm - 4.30pm. I assumed that that meant you needn't pay between 2pm -4pm perhaps??? however I did pay for a period of 4 hours from 1pm - 5pm and left my car. On return to my car, 15 minutes early I saw the wretched pcn!!! it said i should have had a resident permit for between 2-4.30pm in addition to the pay and display. I have no idea and searched for clues!!! On the back of the meter there was a sticker saying that between the specified hours your need a permit as well, however I didn't see that sign when I parked my car - i was on the back or side - I had no reason to lok there! My mistake, I accept that, but I have already paid £7.20 into the machine, can I request for that amount to be discounted from the £40 fine? Its the principle, and also indicates that I didn't mean to incur a fine, it was a genuine mistake.

What do you think I should do?

Thanks!

Cap One refunded £112

MBNA refunded £567

I would like to see the actual sign. Parking bays need proper signs, not just stickers on a machine.

If the signs are in order, then appeal it - write a polite letter explaining the confusion and that you paid in good faith, and you stand a chance somewhere greather than zero. As you say, it was your mistake, so they are not obliged to cancel.

If they refuse to cancel it, I advise you pay the full amount. Withholding part of it will cause complications and extra costs on you in the end.

Got a pic of the street sign, or an exact location?

Hiya, thanks for your reply. I do have a picture of the sign, its on my husband's phone, and I will upload it tomorrow. Its a yellow sticker the size of a laptop screen on the back/side of the meter. But you wouldn't think to look for another sign, its confusing. Its as if they do it on purpose to make money. The location is Ongar Road, Earls Court.

Thanks for your help

Cap One refunded £112

MBNA refunded £567

hi, yes it was a saturday. the contravention on the ticket reads:

"parked in a residents or shared use parking place or zone displaying an invalid permit, an invalid voucher or an invalid pay and display ticket shared use bay" its all so bloody confusing...i paid for the parking, and there was absolutely nowhere wlse to park - the earls court car park was full and turning people away. i really thought this was a proper car space and I had complied.

thanks

Cap One refunded £112

MBNA refunded £567