• Tweets

• Oil and gold prices have jumped, while shares have fallen.View the full article
    • Thank you for your reply, DX! I was not under the impression that paying it off would remove it from my file. My file is already trashed so it would make very little difference to any credit score. I am not certain if I can claim compensation for a damaged credit score though. Or for them reporting incorrect information for over 10 years? The original debt has been reported since 2013 as an EE debt even though they had sold it in 2014. It appears to be a breach of the Data Protection Act 1998 Section 13 and this all should have come to a head when I paid the £69 in September 2022, or so I thought. The £69 was in addition to the original outstanding balance and not sent to a DCA. Even if I had paid the full balance demanded by the DCA back in 2014 then the £69 would still have been outstanding with EE. If it turns out I have no claim then so be it. Sometimes there's not always a claim if there's blame. The CRA's will not give any reason for not removing it. They simply say it is not their information and refer me to EE. More to the point EE had my updated details since 2022 yet failed to contact me. I have been present on the electoral roll since 2012 so was traceable and I think EE have been negligent in reporting an account as in payment arrangement when in fact it had been sold to a DCA. In my mind what should have happened was the account should have been defaulted before it was closed and sold to the DCA who would then have made a new entry on my credit file with the correct details. However, a further £69 of charges were applied AFTER it was sent to the DCA and it was left open on EE systems. The account was then being reported twice. Once with EE as open with a payment arrangement for the £69 balance which has continued since 2013 and once with the DCA who reported it as defaulted in 2014 and it subsequently dropped off and was written off by the DCA, LOWELL in 2021. I am quite happy for EE to place a closed account on my credit file, marked as satisfied. However, it is clear to me that them reporting an open account with payment arrangement when the balance is £0 and the original debt has been written off is incorrect? Am I wrong?
    • OMG! I Know! .... someone here with a chance to sue Highview for breach of GDPR with a very good chance of winning, I was excited reading it especially after all the work put in by site members and thinking he could hammer them for £££'s and then, the OP disappeared half way through. Although you never know the reason so all I can say is I hope the OP is alive and well regardless. I'd relish the chance to do them for that if they breached my GDPR.
    • The streaming giant also said it added 9.3 million subscribers in the first three months of the year.View the full article
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

chewy xr VS HSBC

chewy xr
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6304 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

First of all I am a new member and have had a quick scan through this site and I'd like to say .. what a helpful group of people :D There are a lot of really good posts and everyone seems very very helpful.

Getting onto my bank charges now. I sent the request for statements letter (not sure of the abbreviation you use on here yet ;) ) and got statements, totalled what I thought was charges (and then read on this site how to do it properley) and then sent the letter requested the refund of bank charges, and this is where I am at the moment ...

Letter rom HSBC 12/08/06

Dear Mr C

Thank you for your recent letter requesting a refund of all your bank charges.

In order that we can consider your request pleaee provide a full itemised breakdown of these charges toinclude date,description of the charge and the amount applied. please also include any propsed new charges that you will have received a pre notificatio advice for.

Thank you again for taking time to write.

Your Sincerely

Colin Lnagdale

Sensior Service Quality Manager

In my original request for my refund I didn't include all the 65p and 1.65 I had been charged as I got this letter off another website where the inforomation is very vague. My question is shoould I add these and send another letter ? To be quite honest I'd be happy to get back the 2899 they we me and they can keep the loose change as I'm going to shut my account with the thieiving **** anyway.... or should I get everypenny they owe me and lso fight the cause ?

Regards,

Chewy

PS I will keep you all posted as and when I have more news.

you wouldnt be able to claim these anyway i believe what are they for btw what they mean is on here there is a template to list your charges so they can see exactly what you are asking for

WHEN THE WORLD GETS IN MY FACE I SAY HAVE A NICE DAY :lol:

MY SUCCESSESS

HSBC £5,735.35 :D

MUM IN LAW £2112.00 WIN FROM HALIFAX :grin:

MUM £3580.00 WIN FROM NatWest :grin:

AUNTIE 2 NATWEST WINS £1865.00 AND £2541.00

EQUITA BAILIFFS £293.00 REFUND :grin:

MBNA £871.16 WON WITH CI AT 24.49%

WELCOME FINANCE CHARGES £600 APPROX didnt even need letter lol

CAP ONE WON WITH CI AT 29.9% £994.26

CLAIMS ON THE GO AT MO

mbna ppi

NatWest cc at mcol (ppi next)

welcome ppi

first response charges

IF I HAVE HELPED IN ANY WAY HIT THE SCALES IN BOTTOM LEFT CORNER THANK YOU ;)

Right I am new to the site have read through a lot of posts and have just been reading more and read a post by imported where says "If you send the bank a letter before you have given them time to pay up demanding 8% APR they will know that you do not know what you are doing and this will more than likely end up with you NOT getting your money back." :eek: :eek: :eek:

As I had sent the letter before even knowing baout this site I have done what he says not to do :( :-| I have added the 8% !!!! I feel like a right *@$ especially after reading Bankfodders Sick thread. Sorry.

Is there anything I can do ????

I have still receieved a letter from HSBC asking for a list of dates and charges and have my schedule ready to send back.

Oh how I wish I had found this site before I sent the letter :(

Any help would be really really appreciated.

Thanks in advance and keep up the good work people.

I wouldnt panic, first off go read the faqs and the step by step guide.

Then decide where you think you are, i presume you have your statements?

Then see what you wrote and how it compares to the pre lim template.

Decide if you want to reissue your prelim and follow with your lba 14 days later then take them to court.

Depending on how well youve written your 1st letter will mean another 14 days on the process probably/possibly

JMHO

GLenn

Kick the shAbbey Habit

Where were you? Next time please

Abbey 1st claim -Charges repaid, default removed, interest paid (8% apr) costs paid, Abbey peed off; priceless

Abbey 2nd claim, two Accs - claim issued 30-03-07

Barclaycard - Settled cheque received

Egg 2 accounts ID sent 29/07

Co-op Claim issued 30-03-07

GE Capital (Store Cards) ICO says theyve been naughty

MBNA - Settled in Full

GE Capital (1st National) Settled

Lombard Bank - SAR sent 16.02.07

MBNA are not your friends, they will settle but you need to make sure its on your terms -read here

Glenn Vs MBNA

• 2 months later...

Hi all,

First of all I would like to say what an extrememly well run site and what an a amazing group of very helpful members !!

I have been a member for a few months now and have read lots of post on this forum and was amazed at how clear and useful the FAQ's and Step-by-step guides are to follow.

I have been through the motions of getting my bank charges refunded and have this morning received a letter from HSBC offering me two thirds of what they owe me.

HSBC are basically saying that they think that if the claim proceeded to court they could 'resist legal challenge in relation to these fees' They have offered me '10 working days to accept. If we dont receive your signed acceptance within this timescale, we will take it that you have declined our offer'

Even though I have primed myself from the start for going to court I am still nervous about taking it all the way to court, and obviously, nervous I could lose the £2000 they are offering !!

Has anyone else got this far and started to get cold feet ?

I really want to push it all the way and I'm sure I will but I would love to hear from someone else who has been in this situation and won, just as a moral booster lol !

If anyone is reading this post and thinking about trying to reclaim your bank charges .... go for it ,do it !!! Just make sure you read the FAQ's and Step-by-step guides on here as they are of amazing quality and are indespensible.

Thanks for taking the time to read my little version of events and thoughts.

Chewyxr

Hi Chewy

I know how you feel, I put off for months sending my Prelim letter to HSBC even though I had all of my statements.Even though I had been successful against other banks. Mainly because it was my main bank a/c and I have an overdraft with them that I am never out of! When I realised that my bank charges for the last six years would clear that and put me ahead again, for only the second time in as many years my letter was off like a shot.

I have had a lot of support from my brother, who has a few on the go at the moment, with more tricksy banks.

I too received a letter offering just short of what i had been requesting, it arrived the day after I completed the MCOL, and just over two weeks later another letter offering the full amount has arrived. Whoohooo!

You have nothing to loose in waiting that extra time crack on and file with MCOL if you haven't already.

libertie:-)

Halifax prelim 23/5/06, LBA sent 31/5/06, moneyclaim 27/6/06, Halifax intend to defend, halifax paid up!19/7/06:D Donation made.

Amex prelim 22/5/06, LBA sent 5/6/06, Final LBA sent 9/6/06, settled 30/6/06:D Donation made.

Barclaycard prelim 26/5/06, LBA sent 9/6/06......to be contd

HSBC prelim sent 6/9/06, LBA sent 19/9/06, MCOL 12/10/06....

Hi

I know it's easy for other people to tell you to stay strong, especially when it looks as though you might be nearing a court 'battle' to resolve the issue.

What I can tell you, without doubt, is that any organisation who feels as though they have a clear and definitive case that would produce a victory in court would (a) not offer you cash to go away and (b) would want, more than anything else in the world right now, to win that case and put an end to this process once and for all.

They simply don't have a case that would stand up in court - they know it, we know it and I'm sure that in the back of your mind you believe it too.

Ask them if they would care to point you in the direction of previous cases where they have won! (There aren't any, of course....)

The only thing they have is the ability to offer cash.

Tell them to (politely) stuff their offer and make it clear that you would relish the chance to hear their defence in a court of law since it is YOU that is the more confident of winning.

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

• 2 weeks later...

I have received my Acknowledgement of Sefvice about 5 minutes ago and much to my supprise HSBC are defending ALL of he claim !!

I was just wondering if this is common place now ?

I can't beleive that they are disputing the whole claim or is their stalling tactics ?

If anyone could offer an advice / share their experiences with taking HSBC to court I'd be very grateful indeed !

Thanks in advance,

Chewy xr

Hello Folks!

Great to see you all here!

It is normal for them to let you put in your mcol, then defend, sometimes even let you put in an AQ, then pay up.

They always pay up.

Dont worry about it too much!:D

Crusher:D

(it would be great if you could stick to your own theads folks if you have a question, it keeps things tidy and helps us to help you...:D )

I have just noticed that the lovely people at HSBC have charged me 75 quid on the 18th November even though I am in the process of sueing them via MCOL.

Would I be ok ringing and asking what they think they are playing at and demanding they credit my account or would this be detremental (sp) to my claim ?

Any advice much appreciated !

No - just because you're doing one thing doesn't mean to say they won't be doing another! Let your action proceed as normal, and when it comes to them arranging to settle (as they surely will do) you draw their attention to the follow-up charges and ask for these to be removed too. If not, you'll be raising a fresh action for those too!

Hello,

I have noticed today that the kind people at HSBC have charged me again on the 17th November for 75 quid even though I have filed a claim via MCOL !!!

Would it affect my case if I was to ring and ask them nicely to refund the money ?

Any advice would be appreciated !!

• 1 month later...

Right well finally I've won!!!!!!!!!!!

I come in from work tonight to a letter offering me full payment including interest.

The only question I now have is there is no details about how they will make payment so I'm a bit worried about that !!

Does anyone know how this will happen (the payment that is) ?

Hi Chewy......HSBC credited my account even though I asked for a cheque. I think that's the norm. Check your account over the next couple of days. I've just opened another bank account because I've another claim to submit! Congrats too!;)

It'll prolly be an account credit - BUT before you tell the court the matter is settled, ensure that any other 'late' charges are addressed too. If not, thern you simply modify your claim to reflect the (reduced) limit, and carry on as before.

Well done Chewy,

Good to here you have your offer as i was following your case after hearing that you had submitted the new approach to Aq and had sent of the draft ordr for directions.

I send my Aq off last thursday with the draft and am hoping to recieve and offer very soon. Not sure my nerves can take much more of this!

Claire