CCJ on Wife of Sole Trader for debt with supplier

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4068 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My husband trades as a Sole Trader and recently got in to debt with a business supplier. They took court action and claims were made against my husband, myself and the company.We sent of the claim form in the name of my husband admitting we owed the money and offering a payment that we could afford at the moment and offering to pay more when his business picked up.Because we did not send of the claim forms in my name (did not realise we had to.... a bit thick of us I know but we sent them off in a panic) they sent a CCJ in my name.The original offer of payment was never accepted and they placed an interim charging order on our house on the 19th February to be made final on the 6th April.Have been to see a solicitor this morning about what to do and all they really told us was I should go for a set aside the CCJ on the basis that I am not a partner in the business. I cannot remember ever putting in writing that I was a partner so am wondering where would the supplier get my name from?The solicitor also said did we not think it was a bit odd that they sent a claim form in my name as well and why did we not act upon it sooner....Not sure what to do now. We will really struggle to pay the original amount per month that we offered so cannot offer any more.Am really angry now that we paid a solicitor for half an hour worth of not very much really and I could have paid a bill or donated it to this site! Any advice as to what to do next gratefully received.