hwlp wanted with philips debt recovery agency

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5135 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

recived a letter this morning as follows

24th march 2010

we write to inform you we have been instruted to commence recovery procedures against you for the collection of the above arrearswhich remaind outstanding to cabot financial (europe) ltd

full payment of the outstanding amounts is herby demanded within seven days of this notice to prevent further recovery procedures commencing.

should you be unable to pay full within 7 days a instalment plan may be accepted depending on your circumstances

if you wish to pay by instalments you should contact one of our customer services on 08 xxx xxx xxxx

additional details ,,,,barclays

ref num 22xxxx

details unpaid arrears current acount ,,27/11/2001

date due 10/07/2009

outstanding amounts £ 6647.61

now how can i go on with this debt ,,,husband unemployed i,m not working do i ring ohilips up to see if they would except a payment plan seeing only unemployment money comming in due to husband loosing his job,,,or how do i find out about the credit details on this outstanding ammount,,i,m going out of my mind worring about this ,,can you help

linda x

recived a letter this morning as follows

24th march 2010

we write to inform you we have been instruted to commence recovery procedures against you for the collection of the above arrearswhich remaind outstanding to cabot financial (europe) ltd

full payment of the outstanding amounts is herby demanded within seven days of this notice to prevent further recovery procedures commencing.

should you be unable to pay full within 7 days a instalment plan may be accepted depending on your circumstances

if you wish to pay by instalments you should contact one of our customer services on 08 xxx xxx xxxx

additional details ,,,,barclays

ref num 22xxxx

details unpaid arrears current acount ,,27/11/2001

date due 10/07/2009

outstanding amounts £ 6647.61

now how can i go on with this debt ,,,husband unemployed i,m not working do i ring ohilips up to see if they would except a payment plan seeing only unemployment money comming in due to husband loosing his job,,,or how do i find out about the credit details on this outstanding ammount,,i,m going out of my mind worring about this ,,can you help

linda x

wow slow down.......

if its 2001 it's well statute barred

never ring a dca!!

when was the last financial in/out on the account?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi,

I notice the year 2001. Is that the last time any payment was made?

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

you dont need too.

ans my question please?

when was the last time he used the A/C?

oh and by the way

these leeches are a debt collection agency

they have NO LEGAL POWERS11

you or i could do the same thing.

write threat-o-grams to people

dont be frightened by them.

they are NOT bailiffs assigned by a court.

its what we call a phishing letter to see if they can get a mug to pay who does not know their rights on such things.

you've come to the right place

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

last time i used the barclays ac**** was over 8 yrs ago ,,,this debt just seams to follow me everywhere ..was first with barclay then with cabot then passed on to this one

i,m sure its was around that time ,,i am sure that i have not paid anything to cahoot i only paid at the beginning when i was with barclays but i have not been with barclays for a least 9 yrs

I did notice your other thread about this and the advice is the same.

If no money has been paid nor any acknowledgement that any money is owing then the debt is Statute Barred.

Send em this

http://www.consumerforums.com/resources/templates-library/86-debt-collectors/599-letter-sent-when-debt-is-statute-barred

and send it recorded delivery

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Philips are so up themselves it isn't true. Note how they have the word Baillif in their title and in the letter they state 'commence recovery procedures' trying to make out that they will send the boys round to empty your house and auction your children. Without a court order they can do nowt.

dx100uk is quite right, we need to know the last time anything was paid towards this account or the last time you acknowledge the debt; i.e. sent a letter with a payment plan suggestion.

Next, NEVER EVER talk to these cretins on the phone, everything in writing and sent recorded sign for (minimum).

If there is a clear period of 6 years since the last payment or acknowledgement of the account, then it's statute barred meaning they can ask to be paid but cannot take this to court.

If you have paid or acknowlegded the account within the last 6 years and it is for a overdraft (I am guessing that from the current account bit in the letter) then you can send them a prove it letter that is on here somewhere.

If this did go to court, and assuming they have all the correct paperwork in place, and you only have ebenfits coming in then you would be unlikely to be paying more than a pound a month and as long as you paid that they could do nothing else. There is no debter prison and if you can't pay then there is nothing you can do so relax.

Just make sure there is 6 clear years before you send the statute barred letter!

thinking back i,m 99.9% certain i have never made a payment on this in 6 yrs after barclays i went to abbey national for 8yrs then with my local bank yorkshire for 2 ,,where do i find the satute barred letter please,,

but only been geeting letters from various companys since july 16th july 09 ,,,cabot ,,,then fire financial,,, then the new one philips

Doesn't matter. I have an account with Barclays which is almost SB. They contacted me in 2004 and nothing since. It's likely Barclays "forgot" you and then did an audit, found you and flogged it to Cabot (or Fire as they are the same company).

The Statute Barred clock starts from when you last made a payment and if this was in 2001, they can politely bu**er off.

If you are not absolutely sure, we can give you a "prove it" letter instead.

I'm going to ask a mod to merge your two threads.

dont bother

ignore them

its for them to prove its not statute barred not for you it is

you've got a phishing letter thats is all.

esp with the timeline you mentioned

ignore them.

just to let you know

philips have done the sefl same thing to about 6 other people on here in the last 10 days.

if you need reassurance

use our search bar and type in philips

you'll soon get the idea.

dx

and they

I am just starting on Philips with an alleged worst cudit account that has been in dispute for 2 years so slightly different but have sent them 2 very kind letters pointing out that they have no powers to do anything and if they or worst crudit want to take me to court then that's fine and I look forward to claiming costs off them!!

ignore them

you send/do anything and a marker of mug awaits will be put on your file.

then they'll up the anti...

you'll get another letter from another leecher anyhow till it drops off the phishing list no matter what you do

dx

and they

Got your PM

This is a link to some letters:

The Consumer Forums - Debt collectors

Letter 18 is the prove it letter although you don't need to send it as this debt is Statute Barred.

If you want more information on SB debts then look at this:

Limitation Act 1980 (c. 58)

It is hard work to read but it does mean what it says.

The OP has two threads on this issue and is getting confused about what to do so I thought I would put the link up.

fox

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/letter-templates/253757-hwlp-wanted-philips-debt.html#post2852487

i'll get them merged

dx

and they

Hi 222111,

I have merged you two threads.

Tx guys

Lex

Please help us to help you. Download the CAG tool bar for free

HERE and use the search option for all your searches. CAG earns a few pennies every time !!!

Please don't rush, take time to read these:-

&

This is always worth referring to

Advice & opinions given by me are personal, are not endorsed by the Consumer Action Group or the Bank Action Group. Should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.