Egg and apex DCA

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3898 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Egg have reared their ugly heads on a debt. I haven't paid anything on it for well over a year now. They have sold it to Apex, who are now chasing me. I CCA’d Apex a while ago (using a copy of an old letter) but wonder if I’ve done the right thing – am I right in thinking that following the Manchester case that I shouldn’t have done that? I've been trying to read through dissecting the Manchester case thread but its taking me a long time. Please, any advice would be appreciated. Apex have sent back a copy of the CCA but as it was taken out online probably means its enforceable. However, they haven’t attached the PPI docs which I know they should. Can I still put the account in dispute because of that?

I’ve been away for a while due to my own ill health and that of a close family member and am not fully up to date with things so please excuse my ignorance.

If they have provided nothing with 12 + 2 days then the account is in default.

Sometimes they try and wriggle out by saying they do not now have to produced a 'true' copy, but, no matter how it is contorted, they still need the original to produce in any Court proceedings and make the alleged debt enforceable.

Every journey begins with a single step :):)

Please note: I have no qualifications in this area - my advice is learned from the wonderful members of this Forum. Thanks to you all for your help.

If you have found my post helpful please leave a short message by clicking the star to the left of my profile - Thank You

The only person entitled to your Personal Finance details is a Judge not a DCA

Move all banking activity to another banking group if you have a dispute - your funds can be used to offset debts within the same group.

Be careful with Banking details (card/account numbers) as these can be used to take unauthorised payments.