Being Sued with limited POC for 8.5k

decal
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5140 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Apologies if this is in the wrong section, I am being sued personally for £8.5k by (Accountants who did tax work fo me and my ltd co) ,the claim was issued with minimal POC on the claim form with details I do not have.

Straight off the claim form.

" The Claimaints claim is for work done and services rendered by the claimaint between xx.xx.09 to yy.yy.09 particulars of which have been delivered to the Defendant"

Does this refer to a more detailed POC or just generally delivered?

Then goes on to ask for interest under section 69, which may be strange as if there was a contract it would be contractual interest?

Would I need to use a CPR 18 to get details such as notes of verbal agreements , and copies of their files and work done for me personally and work done for my ltd company.

I previously asked for invoices,acknowledgement of monies paid and copies of signed agreements never received.

I guess a CPR 31.14 only applies if I know what documents are listed,implied or inferred to by their claim.

My question is should I use a CPR 18 and CPR 31.14 and then go for an embarrassed defence and strike out?

Thanks In Advance.

Decal

As regards interest there is now a law (dammit - can't think of the name) which allows interest to be charged independently of any contractual arrangements.

Something to do with 'Late Payments ...'

So, yes they can charge interest.

I really do appreciate all those 'thank you' emails - I'm glad I've been able to help. Apologies if I haven't acknowledged all of them.

You can also ding my gong if you prefer. :)