A refusal to return goods

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5114 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Bought gas stove by phone with fittings, costing us nearly £800. Upon opening the packaging,there was a wrong fitting. Without delay I phoned, then emailed and requested that I would like to send the wrong item back in exchange for the correct part. I received an email saying, 'seeing that they had supplied the part at my request then I could not return it. I replied by email to tell them, that their returns policy said, 'that If you simply do not want the item or wish to exchange the item then you may send the item back'.By this time 7days had lapsed and I was informed by email that 'my request for a return has come outside the 7 day period allowed for such claims and we therefore cannot accept the return.I was appalled at their refusal to accept the return the item and asked for the name of the Managing Director,they refused to give me his name, however a letter was sent. I received a reply it said ' it would appear we overlooked the position regarding your request to return the item, but concentrated on whether or not we supplied what was ordered'. He also said that we may return the item and that we must get a returns number and tell them on what day it would arrive. We wanted to take the item ourselves, but they notified us that they do not accept personal returns. We posted the item -which is called a spigot and made of steel- in perfect condition bubble wrapped it ,put it in a small cardboard box and sent it with guaranteed next day delivery.It did not surprise us when an email arrived telling us that they could not offer a refund as the steel spigot was not circular having been crushed out of shape. Unbelievable! We will be going to pick up the spigot sometime this week. We feel so angry and annoyed at the treatment that we have received from the fireplace store. The spigot only cost £15, but it's turned into a matter of principle and I would appreciate any advice regarding any action that I could take. My wife has lost the postage receipt, but we are not concerned about the cost of the spigot, we are just really annoyed at the digraceful service we have received from them.

Please stick to one thread. Duplicate closed.

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5114 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks