Euro Car Park fine with valid ticket!!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5067 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi have been reading the fourm for advice but i can't find a similar situation and need help....On Saturday just gone i park in a Euro Car Park, paid my £2 for my ticket and displayed in my car. I checked it was on the dash as it is not a sticky one, only i went in the boot to fetch my bag, what appears to have happend is upon closing the boot the wind/force has blown the ticket off the dash and in the footwell, upside down on the drivers side. And yep you guessed when i got back to my car i had a ticket, for £100!!!:???:. The attendant has stated on the fine "ticket unreadable as facedown in footwell on drivers side", should i send an appeal or wait till the write to me. I have talked to a friend in the Police Force who stated they have serious doubts they would win in court.

What to do? Have read the template letters, and others but am struggeling what to say as nobody else has a similar case.

Any advice welcome, as i know i have 14 days to appeal.

there is no appeal, they will always say "FAILED" its all part of the scan

so there is no template letters

as in all the advice re PPC's

1) IGNORE

2) IGNORE SOME MORE

3) GOTO 1

IN other words

dont phone them

dont write to them

ignore all of the silly letters they send, claiming what the MAY/MIGHT do

and keep your dosh

coming to take anything :evil: no they cant unless they went to court and you lost

read the many posts to why they dont go to COURT

its a mail [problem] , with letter that will threaten you the world will come to an END if you dont pay, the truth is it will come an end for them , because more and more people are learning of the [problem] and how they work it

dont forget inform your family and everyone you know of the [problem] and how its worked :D

Thanks, would not advise the letter template for when i reach the letter staing the men in black are coming for my TV?

But they won't be coming for your TV. Please don't confuse debt collectors with bailiffs. Debt collectors are just private citizens with no special powers. They cannot enter your premises, they cannot seize goods and they cannot blacken your credit record. If they do turn up tell them to just "go away" (what words you use is up to you). If they refuse, then call the police.

Bailiffs will only come on the scene if the case goes to court (very unlikely), you lose (very, very unlikely) and then you refuse to pay whatever the judge orders.

Have you been made away of any cases which have made it to court? Just want to get all the facts and ignore with confidence x And have already to the world and their dog about the most orgainsed crime known to man!

Have you been made away of any cases which have made it to court? Just want to get all the facts and ignore with confidence x And have already to the world and their dog about the most orgainsed crime known to man!

Euro have never ever taken anyone to court.

NCP have never ever taken anyone to court.

Excel have taken TWO people to court and lost TWO.

OPC have taken SIX people to court and lost SIX.

Minster Baywatch have taken ONE person to court and lost ONE.

Only two cases have been lost - someone who parked at McDonalds every day and thus caused them real financial loss by preventing a customer from being able to park. Other was a guy who parked in a church numerous times and caused financial loss to them by inconveniencing worshippers.

Buying a ticket as agreed like you has caused them no financial loss whatsoever, so you are completely safe.

These organisations probably give out 500,000 tickets a year. About 10 make it to court and 99% of those are lost by the parking company.

But as I say, Euro have never done court.

Edited by Al27

Buying a ticket as agreed like you has caused them no financial loss whatsoever, so you are completely safe.

These organisations probably give out 500,000 tickets a year. About 10 make it to court and 99% of those are lost by the parking company.

But as I say, Euro have never done court.

Once again thanks for the support and advice, i visited the following site yesterday (FAQs - Private Parking Companies/Charges (everything you need to know)). Which i managed to understand and gathered just as you stated i have not caused them any financial loss and therefore will not be writing to them, other than please do not contact me at this address, this matter is in dispute and will qoute the harrassment act!! Having equiped myself with all this, ready to do battle i havent got the letter threats coming yet!

i have not caused them any financial loss and therefore will not be writing to them,

Good - that's the best course of action. A perfect ten to you.

other than please do not contact me at this address, this matter is in dispute and will qoute the harrassment act!!

Doh! You just dropped a point needlessly!!

Hi have been reading the fourm for advice but i can't find a similar situation and need help....On Saturday just gone i park in a Euro Car Park, paid my £2 for my ticket and displayed in my car. I checked it was on the dash as it is not a sticky one, only i went in the boot to fetch my bag, what appears to have happend is upon closing the boot the wind/force has blown the ticket off the dash and in the footwell, upside down on the drivers side. And yep you guessed when i got back to my car i had a ticket, for £100!!!:???:. The attendant has stated on the fine "ticket unreadable as facedown in footwell on drivers side", should i send an appeal or wait till the write to me. I have talked to a friend in the Police Force who stated they have serious doubts they would win in court.

What to do? Have read the template letters, and others but am struggeling what to say as nobody else has a similar case.

Any advice welcome, as i know i have 14 days to appeal.

IGNORE THEM

once i went to cinema and park in a place which they mention is pavment, any way the issue two tickets for 3 hours, can you blv?

I IGNORE and bin the tickets, no letter, nothing at all until now. its been two years now:p

• 1 month later...

Hi all,

I have now been sent a letter from Euro Car park saying I failed to pay the fine and the fine has now increased to £100, in addition my details will now be sent to a debt collector if I fail to pay. Should I be writing to them with any of the template letters, I feel that I should be doing something as if I go to court I am worried I will look like I have taken no measures to appeal or made any attempts of contact.

Trying to stay strong, my normal stance is to fight back and staying silent doesnt come naturally! :-?

Advice welcome

Should i write to the debt collecters when i get the letter stating not to make further contact re issue being in dispute and should i include under data protection act not to be passing my details on?

Thanks

Should i write to the debt collecters when i get the letter stating not to make further contact re issue being in dispute and should i include under data protection act not to be passing my details on?

Thanks

You are getting sucked into the [problem]. IGNORE them.

regards

Please remember our troops, fighting and dying in our name. God protect them.

• 1 month later...

Hi all,

I know i know,slap on the wrist but i wrote a letter taking a draft from this site to Euro Car Park please see below for my letter and there response:

Date 10th May 2010

Dear Sirs,

Re: Your letter dated 26/04/2010/ Reference XXXXXX

I acknowledge receipt of your captioned letter. It seems that you have got my details from the DVLA and I confirm I am the keeper of the vehicle in question. You need to take this matter up with the driver concerned.

In the meantime I absolutely deny your claim that the amount claimed, or any amount at all, is due to you from me.

I note your comments about debt collectors. Given that this debt is in dispute I shall simply advise them that the debt is in dispute and they will have to refer back to you.

Yours faithfully

XXXXXX

Response:

Date 7th June 2010

Dear XXXXXX

Thank you for your letter of appeal received 12th May 2010. The details of the parking charge notice issued are as follows:

Contravention: D = Failure to adhere to signage on site

Please be advised I am unable to cancel the parking chare notice which was issued to you on the 27th march 2010 as there was no valid ticket displayed.

I can confirm that the above site is a pay and display – a valid ticket must be obtained and clearly displayed for the full duration of your stay on site. Your vehicle was parked without a valid ticket, therefore the notice was issued correctly and the charge remains payable.

On entry to a pay and display car park it is the responsibility of the driver to obtain and clearly display a valid ticket for the full duration of your stay on site. While the attendant has seen that there was a ticket in your windscreen, he/she also noted that it was facedown and therefore unreadable.

We note that you state that you were not the driver of the car on the date when the parking charge notice was issued. Your car was parked in the XXXXXXXX on the 27th March 2010 and the parking charge notice was issued because no valid pay and display ticket. Please provide details of the driver of the car on this date within 10 days of the date of this letter and confirm whether the car was being driven with your authority. If the car had been stolen or driven without your authority, please provide details of your report of this to the police.

If you do not provide the information requested above or provide payment of the PCN within 20 days, we reserve the right to issue proceedings against you for the outstanding sum of £100.00 without further notice to you. If you do not provide the details required above, you are liable for the outstanding sum either directly as the owner and driver or through and authorized agent who was driving the car on the day in question.

Under section 143 (1) of the Road Traffic Act 1988 – the keeper should know at all times who is driving the vehicle and to ensure they are insured (*if a keeper allows a vehicle to be driven without insurance they are guilty of criminal offence)

It should be borne in mind that by stating many people have access to a vehicle and as a result the defendant cannot state who had it at anyone given date/time they are confirming that they did not know who was driving and therefore cannot be certain the vehicle was insured.

Euro Car Parks offer a space management system, and therefore it is imperative that the rules and regulations are adhered to.

Section on payment details

Yours sincerely

PCN Coordinator

PCN department.

Please can you help!!!!

"If you do not provide the information requested above or provide payment of the pcn within 20 days, we reserve the right to issue proceedings against you for the outstanding sum of £100.00 without further notice to you. If you do not provide the details required above, you are liable for the outstanding sum either directly as the owner and driver or through and authorized agent who was driving the car on the day in question. " They have taking Perky tablets that makes them spout drivel and rubbish. Good of them to provide you with hard evidence that you can use against them.

yep its so simple

1) IGNORE

2) IGNORE SOME MORE

3) GO TO 1

their reply its a load of twadle, you do no have to tell who was driving and the other crap about insurance etc etc DOES not apply , typical scare tactics

I,E,

Under section 143 (1) of the Road Traffic Act 1988 – the keeper should know at all times who is driving the vehicle and to ensure they are insured (*if a keeper allows a vehicle to be driven without insurance they are guilty of criminal offence)

It should be borne in mind that by stating many people have access to a vehicle and as a result the defendant cannot state who had it at anyone given date/time they are confirming that they did not know who was driving and therefore cannot be certain the vehicle was insured.

none of which apply to PPC's or private land parking , that only for official Police / Council tickets, ROAD TRAFFIC ACT

just ignore their petty attempts to scare you

:eek: omg PERKEY tablets, Lamma you owe me a new keyboard :D