William Hill Bookmakers

Willo53
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5086 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

Not sure if this is in the correct section - but here goes.

I went into William Hill bookmakers on Thursday night roughly around 7pm. I went on one of their Fixed odds betting terminals and after putting £80 in the machine one of the staff shouted ' if you win, we will not be able to pay you out until tomorrow'.

Is there not any rules that states that betting shops need to have some float of money or would they not be falsely advertising you can win?To me the machines should have all been turned off the minute they knew they had no money to honour the win?

I ended up winning £300 and they refused to pay me out and stated I would have to return the next day at 11 am. This was a massive inconvenience as you have to pick the bet up from the same shop and I was short of the cash I had put in the machine.

I am considering sending a letter of complaint which will threatin legal action and reporting them to trading standards. How do people feel this would be received?

Thanks

W

Is there not any rules that states that betting shops need to have some float of money or would they not be falsely advertising you can win?

I have absolutely no idea, but I wouldn't imagine so

I ended up winning £300 and they refused to pay me out and stated I would have to return the next day at 11 am. This was a massive inconvenience as you have to pick the bet up from the same shop and I was short of the cash I had put in the machine.

Still, not as inconvenient as had you lost:rolleyes:

I am considering sending a letter of complaint which will threatin legal action and reporting them to trading standards. How do people feel this would be received?

I would think they would file it under B for bin.

You could send a letter of complaint to their head office, but I think that's pretty much all you'll be able to do. I don't believe there's any legal entitlement for them to have money for you there and then, they aren't a bank after all. They're like Travel Agents, sometimes they have to order in cash as required sometimes.

Trading Standards likely wont want anything to do with it.

Hi,

I work in the retail customer relations department for William Hill. I am surprised that they had so little cash in the branch. I know the results were not good for us bookmakers on Thursday. However if you would like me to make some enquiries on your behalf please call me on (Edit)

Will hill.

Edited by maroondevo52
Removed number

Can someone explain how I turn £80 into £300. I don't care which day I collect.

I have never been in a Bookmakers.

Hammy :)

44 years at the pointy end of the motor trade. :eek:

GARUDALINUX.ORG

Garuda Linux comes with a variety of desktop environments like KDE, GNOME, Cinnamon, XFCE, LXQt-kwin, Wayfire, Qtile, i3wm and Sway to choose from.

I have never been in a Bookmakers.

Hammy, keep it that way ;)

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

• 1 month later...

they probably did you a favour not paying you out mate on thursday, coz if you can put £80 in the machine..you would have only put the £300 in after..those machines eat cash and are for mugs..the bookies know this..the clues in the title "FIX"ed odds.

only saying probably what others are thinking..i understand coz i had a severe gambling addiction which needed rehab!! ask yourself why you needed to put so much cash in the machine?