Went in for clutch, now needs engine management system replacing

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4103 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I took my 55 plate Xsara Picasso into a Mr Clutch autocenter on Monday for a clutch replacement.

On Tuesday i got a call, i thought to say it's ready, but it was to say the car wouldn't start - it was showing immobiliser fault.

They eventually after a day got an auto-electrician out to it who reckons the BSI unit has blown.

Another 2 days later they finally shipped it to Citroen for diagnosis , results pending.

Basically they hadn't followed the correct shutdown/startup procedure for the BSI unit which can corrupt the software in it but will not admit liability for breaking it saying 'its just one of those things that can happen when you disconnect power'.

Will let you know how I get on as all the board of directors have been emailed the complaint letter last night.

get some one to check that the engine speed sensor wires have not been traped between engine and g\box during re assembly , i have done this ? , car just wont go