Buying from SCS

Mattyg2004
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5067 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hiya Folks,

Re-post due to wrong forum.

My OH has found our new sofa but its from SCS. May not be a big problem but looking on these forums there are a number of complaints about SCS.

On their website it states that they are made to order (to our specification as well yeah whatever) so cannot be canceled. Am i covered under distance selling regs.

We really want the sofa and have looked elsewhere and can't find anything like it. But i just wanto do all I can to protect me just in case any problems arise.

Buy online, pay deposit by credit card Etc.

Any Ideas, Thanks

Matt

You are still covered by the Sales of Goods act (Should the item be faulty), there made to spec could be arguable but at this time I would ignore the Distance Selling Regs.

I would get an agreed deliver by date in writing and inform them the contract relies upon this, pay by credit card.

Ex-Retail Manager who is happy to offer helpful advise in many consumer problems based on my retail experience. Any advise I do offer is my opinion and how I understand the law.

Cheers Blitz

So if the sofa arrives damaged i can send it straight back for a refund??

Just trying to cover all bases (annoyed as OH is set on that exact one. LOL)

If it needs a repair within a short period of time what kind of timescale is allowed for a repair instead of refund.

Some people have been told it will take a month to get a report done then as long to get a repair

If it comes damaged then you can reject the goods as they do not conform to the contract (by non-acceptance).

My rule is for goods you will use everyday after a month you have deemed to have accepted them and are then not entitled to a refund (except after repair/replacement).

Good must be repaired within a reasonable amount of time, I usually see this as between 14-28 days depending on the product

Ex-Retail Manager who is happy to offer helpful advise in many consumer problems based on my retail experience. Any advise I do offer is my opinion and how I understand the law.

Thanks Blitz.

After reading many many posts RE SCS afer sales care I'm gonna try and persuade the OH to look elswhere.

I also spotted a number of SCS threads you have posted on. Looks like they havent learnt anything over the past 5-6 yrs

• 2 months later...