RAC Gold Warranty/Dual Mass Flywheel

Jules1974

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4436 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I bought a renault laguna initiale 2.0 06 reg in November 09 (95000 miles). Recently i noticed signs of the clutch slipping, took it into the garage and it turns out the dual mass flywheel as failed.

RAC/The Warranty Group assessor turned up and has written his report and has decided that a dual mass flywheel is a wear and tear item and not covered.

However, in my 'whats covered' section a dual mass flywheel is listed. There is of course the usual if an item is beyond its useable life or mileage of the car its is a wear item in the exclusions.

Im wondering if i have a cat in hells chance of getting them to so much as help with the £1600 bill i have been advised it will be?.

Of course i will have to pay it now as i need my car, but its all on the flexible friend (sorry mr darling). When i was buying the vehicle i told the salesman i needed a warranty should anything go wrong as all my spare cash is going into this. Typical response RAC Warranty lad, the best etc etc.

Its really annoying that the RAC allows this two bit warranty company to trade under the guise of their name.

Please help!.

Many thanks

Jules.

Aftermarket Warranties are a pain.

They will not cover a failure due to a "design fault" so if there is some inherent weakness that causes something to go wrong then tough.

They wont cover anything that wears out "fair wear and tear" gets them off the hook here. With a car that has covered 95K miles, there is little point having a warranty.

Anything that fails that can be attributed to water ingress - forget it. Often manufactures warranties do not provide water ingress cover after the first year.

On another forum some good advice was: Save the money you would spend on a warranty and spend it on repairs if required.