Telogram & CapQuest - I need some urgent advice

J007
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5131 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi forum!

I am a guy that is in debt due to my own mistakes, I ran up a large credit card bill which was roughly around 6 years a go, a debt I ignored and basically ran away from and yes I am not proud of this or laughing at anyone but just ignored the problem as at that time I lost my job, went through a crap time and couldn't afford to sort out the debt.

There was a phone call to where i currently live recently, someone else answered and said someone wanted to speak to me, they said they had a telegram waiting for me - I said I am not aware of this service and I don't hand out or confirm personal details over the phone.

I have just received a letter headed with "telegram" and asking me to call and I'm not going to contact them but I am aware this won't be the last letter as from searching google it appears there will be a long line of letters/threats and what not.

Can someone offer me some advice on the best way to go about dealing with this company and their tactics as I don't know if I have a CCJ and what should I do now with letters that are sent, as I will know its from them without opening.

Any advice people can give would be great !

sounds similar to the crap they tried to pull on me a while back, im guessing your debt is almost statute barred (over 6 yrs since you admitted to or paid tiward the debt)

ignore it.

If i have helped you please click the scales :)

I am here on my own quest for help, although i work for T-Mobile and will gladly assist where i can i am not here as a company representative.

I am not legally qualified, if in doubt seek professional assistance :)

I'd agree with above.

However you can check your credit rating for free with experian or the like but remember after doing so to cancel it so they don't take any money from the account details you have to give first.

DG

I have no legal training my knowledge comes from my personal life experiences

Please help keep the forum alive by making a donation

Just a phishing trip on a last desperate try to get you to pay something or 'admit' the debt. Depending which DCA this is from you will shortly get another letter confirming that they now know where you live etc.

It is probable that this alledged debt may already be Statute Barred, can you remember about when the last payment/contact was made with anyone regarding this account.

Oh, and by the way, no need for apologies we have all been there:)

• Haha 1

Yes don't ring, there isn't any such 'Telegram' office, or place, I believe it is one of our friends in Glasgow??

Ignore it, don't ring them, it is definitely a DCA.

When exactly was the last payment made on this alleged debt?

Actually I believe it is Cr@pquest!

Edited by Bazooka Boo

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Thanks for the responses and yes I knew from the first phone call it was something suspicious so will just follow your advice as clearly these letters will be sent to try get me worried!

Last payment? off the top of my head I think the last time i made a payment was around 2003 and in 2004 i started getting letters about the unpaid debt.

Sounds simalar to what I got from them a few years ago. It's likely you'll get a letter from Capquest in a few days time. This will be the standard threat-o-gram they send out demading large amounts of money or nasty things "may" happen to you. :p

Once that arrives send them the "prove I owe you anything" letter in the templates library on CAG.

Once they has wasted time, effort, and money chasing after pointless bits of paper from the credit card company, then you can send them the "statute barred" letter.

Some people send the SB letter straight way, but I always think it's best to mess a DCA about as much as possible. The more often we can tie them up with paperwork and wasting time and money, only to get £0-00 out of it in the end, the better.

Then before too long debt collection becomes unprofitable in the UK and the plug gets pulled on them.

It's already happening with some DCA's reporting huge losses at a time when traditionally they should be raking in the cash. Activ Kapital being a prime example. :D

• Haha 1

These are video links to show how I deal with Debt Collectors.

Fly fishing for C.A.R.S

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=zPtzK8FqE6k&feature=related

Frederickson International don't accept my card type

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=eiZBULlWW6Q&feature=related

Just an update on this.

New letter received from "HL Legal Solictors" which contains the same information as first letter, just different letter head asking me to contact them.

I expect my next letter will be more "demanding" and from browsing google I expect there will be a letter about personal home visit from scothall.

Can anyone advise what action I should take as the property I stay in is not in my name, and the owners are not connected with my debt so if a home visit did occur what would be the best line of action? as I am wondering if I should send the statute barred letter now or wait longer.