Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3907 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I have been paying Bristow & sutor £13p.m since march 09 by direct debit for council tax arrears,without missing any payments.In march 2010 i asked them for a balance of the debt,their reply was that the arrangement had been cancelled in august 09 due to the fact that i had not supplied them with proof of benefits after 4 mths of the arrangement being set up,i was not notified of this fact.I requested a copy of the letter stating this fact but was told that no further discussion will be entered into and that the bailiffs had been instructed to attend my home.I had a hand delivered letter from the bailiff stating that he had attended my home with a view to remove my property because of non payment of council tax.I HAD NOT HAD A BAILIFF CALL PREVIOUSLY.I called the bailiff,explaining that i had not missed any payments,not interested,he insisted that he could reinstate the arrangement only if he came to my home and filled in a repayment form after putting a levy on my goods,i told him to get stuffed.Ithen asked Bristow & sutor if ALL my payment(15)had been forwarded to the council,they replied that ALL payments made to them(15)HAD been passed on to the council,so where is the non payment,i asked the council if they had been receiving regular monthly payments toward the debt they replied that they had .I have been charged £18 for the letter,i also told them to take me to court as i have not missed any payments.B & S are sending bailiffs to collect a debt that they are already collecting.Please tell me i'm not dreaming,and that they haven't a leg to stand on..

"From:

My Name

My Address

To:

Acme Bailiff Co

Bailiff House

Ref: Account No: 123456

Dear Sir

With reference to the above account. Can you please provide me with a breakdown of the charges including Computer Screenshot. This is not a Subject access request under the Data Protection Act S7 1998 so does not incur a fee of £10. I also require the name of the attending Bailiff and the name of the Court he was Certificated at. You are obliged to provide this information.

I require this information within 14 days.

Yours faithfully

Ripped off customer"

You need to know where you stand with regard to charges etc. Send the above and adapt for your own needs. Best sent by email and letter.

Ring the Council in the morning and ask how much the Liability Order was for and how much is still outstanding, I would also ask if they pay the Bailiffs fees or do you have to pay them direct.

PT

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The bailiff is malfeasant, you should make a complaint to the council head of finance and ask for restitution, then make a further complaint to the local government ombudsman if the council does not cooperate. Get someone to look into the transaction list you have made over the bailiff hitherto and see if there have been some sneaky charges applied to your account, if yes, add fraud to your complaint.

Professional property investor and conveyancer