Speeding fine complicated help!!!!!!!!!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4214 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

We were sent a letter about a speeding fine back in october, on the day of the speeding we had both been driving the car and had assumed it was myself as I had been driving most of the morning. So we filled in my details and my husband sent it off, then a new form was sent to myself that I sent off again with my details on. I have heard nothing uptill now when I get a letter saying because they havnt recieved anything we will soon recieve a court summons.

Once I spoke to them I found out that 2 people had watched the video and they were confident it was not me driving, this is possible as my husband and myself were both driving that day. They said they sent another letter to my husband asking for the details of the driver again but they had no reply, they had sent this letter to our old address. If they had sent it to our current address we would have of course replied. What can we do??????? And what should we expect??????

Phone them again, and ask if they've already laid the information before the court - if they haven't, you may be able to get a new letter sent to your current address, which your husband can reply to, and get a standard fixed penalty (£60 + 3 points).

If the summons is already in the system, your husband will have to go along to the court, and if he explains the situation to the prosecutor and court legal adviser, he may get away with just the same amount of fine and points as above.

• 3 weeks later...