• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

RBS OVERDRAFT - what the hell?

hoz242
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5138 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi...please bare with me i'm new to all this...didn't realise how many ppl were in debt in britain :(!!

Ok I have been with rbs for atleast 10 years if not more. I had a student current account with an o/draft of £1400. I was due to finish uni this year but dropped out last year etc

I did go into RBS and tell them but the woman said my account would change over automatically so i never thought any more of this.

I now work full time and have money paid into my account every month. I have direct debits and bill paid out of my account every month and definately have not gone over my overdraft in the past year.

I had just recently (literally days before) had a direct access savings account set up and had advised when setting up the account to take £160 out each month to save on the 1st of every month. As the account wasn't confirmed until this time or perhaps a day or to after i did not think the payment would come out. After paying my rent, bills etc I did not really have much money left in there...maybe about £100.

on 3/3/10 i went to buy some food before work and paid by card but my card was refused. So i went to the cash machine and it said i had nil. I checked my online banking and basically the £160 had tried to come out of my account. I waitied until the next day and tried to draw out some cash (4/3/10). The machine then swallowed my card!!!!

I phoned my local branch and they said there were no problems with the account and they would send me a new card. 5 mins later i received a call from a lady at the branch (possibly a manager) and she said that there were inconsistencies on my account and that rbs would send me a letter detailing this and i could get in touch, sort it out and have my card back.

I couldn't wait so the next day 5/3/10 i phoned back....after been thrown from one person to the next i finally got a number for the account closures team....they said my account was to be closed and they could not discuss the matter with me. no one explained what was going on.

The £120 i had left over from my wages was then taking off me leaving me with a balance owed to them of £1280.

There was nothing i could do with them until i received this letter. I received a letter saying my account was closed due to insufficient funds in my account and i would have to go elsewhere for banking etc.

I do not understand at all!!!!!!!!!!!1 my account is now closed. I am waiting to open a new account with someone else.

I have not made any payments to the account as i do not have a card to pay to their 'online repayments service'....

today i received a letter saying that...."formal notice of intention to file a default and to take action to recover the debt"

I dont understand how i can get a default for this as i have not defaulted as such....i can pay back in monthly installments but not fully...

Sorry for the essay...i am so confused....HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek:

have you asked for statements so that you can see what has caused the bank to think there is something wrong and that you can dispute?:mad:

Also, if you want a bank account that has an overdraft and debit card facility rather than a basic account which doesn't, then make sure you set it up before the bank places a default on on your credit file. You won't be able to get an account with these facilities if you get a default.;)

Personally, and bear in mind that I am a very embittered ex customer of this bank, I'd change to another bank anyway.8-)

The only reason it could be is this transfer of funds to from my account to a savings account. i already have defaults on my credit report so im screwed really?

Can they place a default on my file because of this? I am so confused!

Yes they could place a default on your file.

Please be aware that I am not an expert on this, any advice I give comes from bitter experience and advice I've received from fellow caggers.

My advice is firstly - set up a basic bank account with another bank. That way you will have access to your next month's salary and you can transfer your direct debit mandates so your bills will get paid. Secondly - if you need a debit card - set up a prepay debit card account - you deposit some money on the card and then you can use it like any other debit card for shopping etc. but you can't go overdrawn. Thirdly - ask rbs to give or send you statements so you can work out what they've been doing with your account, work out a budget to see what you can afford to pay rbs monthly to pay off your overdraft. You might be able to stop them placing a default on your credit file if you do this quickly but I don't hold out much hope of that.