Chica vs Halifax cc

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6388 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all

Halifax owes me £298???

I sent request for payment and this is what I received back

With reference to your recent communication about charges appiled to your account, we regret that we have found no cause for complaint.

I am examining your concerns and you will recieve a response from us within four weeks, in-line with the Financial Service Authority regulations. You will find enclosed a copy of our leaflet which tells you how we will handle your complaint. Your concerns will be dealt with as quickly as possible, but if you need to spesak to me in the meantime, please telephone me on 01383743354.

Yours sincerly, Jillian Lorimer Complaints and Customer Guidance.

LBA next yes???

Bank charges: Abbey won in 2006, Halifax won in 2006, Capital One won in 2006.

Hi

Have recieved this letter over the weekend:

Thankyou for your recent letter regarding the above numbered account, which has been passed to me within the Complaint Team for response.

I am sure you apprecite that like other organisations we incur costs for administering your account for late/unpaid payment or overlimit situations. The Bank belives it is fair to pass these costs onto the accounts affected, rather than absorb them into other areas of the otrganisation, penalising all our other customers as a result.

HBOS clearly outlines our charging policy in the Terms and Conditions that apply to your account. In addition we are committed to complying with the Banking Code, which sets out standards of good banking practice for banks and building societies follow when dealing with personal customers.

To demonstrate our commitment to you as a valued customer I am prepared to offer you a refund of charges to the value of £75 representing half the amount of charges applied to your account within the calender year Jan 04 to Jan 05.

If this is agreeable to you please sign and return the enclosed acceptance form to allow us to complete the refund to your account.

I trust this resloves the matter for you. Should I not hear form you within the next eight weeks, I will close my file on this matter. For your information, please refer to the complaint's leaflet enclosed within our previous correspondence, which outlines the entire complaint process.

Yours sincerly, Laura Dobie.

Acceptance form:

In full and final settlement

I confirm I accept the offer of £75 from Halifax in full and final settlement of my complaint regarding Credit Card charges on my Halifax accounts. This will be paid into my Halifax credit card only.

signature and date required to be filled in.

Does anyone have a template for declining an offer? That would be helpful. Do I have to send a LBA now or will the decline letter suffice??

Thanks

Chica

im not a professional but ive been reading/following a number of threads here since joining myself a couple of months back and i think the general view would be to not refuse the offer of £75, accept it as 'partial' payment. i wouldnt use their pre printed form to do this tho. you have to be clear that you're NOT taking the amount as 'full and final settlement'. hope this helps.

Thanks Clew, will do so. So is the acceptance of £75 as part payment letter sufficent or do I need to send an lba aswell?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Yep but I don't have the cash at the mo to file the court claim. Have just done so for the Abbey and that cost me £120!!! That i don't really have!!!

When the Abbey have settled I will be starting the claims for halifax and capital one.

No problem. Keep us posted when things move on...

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

• 2 weeks later...

Letter recieved today dated 3rd October.

I won't bore you with all the details.....bascially they have now offered me £241!!!!!!!!!! I've got my charges back!!!! Yeah Woooooh (Chica dances round the kitchen!!!!)

The acceptance form they want me to sign reads as:

In Full and Final Settlement,

I.....of.......confirm that I accept the offer of £241 form Halifax/Bank of Scotland in full and final settlement of my complaint regarding Credit Card charges on any of my Halifax/Bank of Scotland Credit Card account. This will be paid into my Halifax/Bank of Scotland credit card account only.

Signed me!!

Do I sign this or is there another form I should us? Should I go for the default notice now?

Advise please.

A very happy Chica.

Hi - well done!

Is this your only existing claim against the Halifax? I noticed you signature suggests another one...

If so, you should not sign this letter - it states full and final settlement of all your accounts.

You could create your own acceptance letter to clarify what you are accepting.

Regarding the default, was it on this account? If so, what stopped you from including it in the claim?

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

I have another account with the Halifax for my current account. I didn't apply for a default removal claim cos I still owe them money. Can I do so now?

It was my fault for getting a default and so not all of hte fault is from their charges on this account. What do you think?

As for settlement, you do clearly need to make your own acceptance letter, otherwise you could fall into the trap of having settled on both without wanting to.

As for the default......

"We" tend to work on the principal that if the level of charges (at the time of the default) were equal to or above the default value then you have every right to request its removal from your credit files.

It could also be argued where the level of charges were slightly less too.

What were the level of charges at the specific date of the default notice, and how much were you defaulted for?

• 3 weeks later...

This account has been took over by Robinson Way and they are no threatening me with Legal action. Surely the can't do this is the account is in dispute? I haven't sent my acceptance letter back yet!

Guest bluecloud

Just write to Robinson Way and state that the account is in dispute.

Re. Halifax Current Account No.: xxxxxxxx

Dear Sir/Madam

I refer to your letter dated xx/xx/xx.

The account you refer to is in dispute.

This account will remain in dispute until such time as I am fully satifisfied that the matter is closed. I would like to point out that the dispute is between myself and HBOS plc and as such I will direct all correspondance to them and not involve Robinson Way.

Thank you for you time and understanding in this matter.

Yours faithfully

chica

xxxxx

Short and to the point but it will leave RW in no doubt that the account has nothing to do with them.

(The kisses are optional :) )