Just Back From Court re:My Bankruptcy Order

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5103 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Wanted to write this to give an account of my experiance so far.

Had my Bankruptcy appointment this morning at 9.45am, Arrived on time and was sat down by a woman from the insolvency section while she just checked over my application to make sure I had filled everything in.

I was then shown to a small private room while the woman took photocopies of my application, I had a copy back and had to hold the bible and swear the information in application was correct, I was surprised and asked does it no longer go before a judge and the answer is NO as long as the insolvency practitioner is happy the judge wll automatically grant the bankruptcy order.

I was then given a telephone to speak to an involvency practitioner who just asked some general questions, That lasted about 5 mins, She stated that any letters I get to forward them to them and any phone calls to simply inform them that I am now Bankrupt and give them the case number for them to check.

I now have a telephone interview in a few days at home which will ask more details. They were very helpful and gave me their contact number if I have any problems or questions.

To anyone going through with Bankruptcy please note the fee is going up from April 4th. I would also say to not worry about the process their is no scary person grilling you about how you got these debts etc and the whole thing was over within 1/2 hour.

I will post again on this after I have my telephone interview to let you kow how that goes.

What I can say with a smile is from today I am bankrupt and all people like Bryan Carter & Co, Lovells etc can now leave me alone and that's official.

I will, The last 6 years with these pests chasing me caring nothing about the personal circumstances I was going thorugh with my family only what they were going to take from me.

People need to remove the fear of bankruptcy and the stigma really, People say oh you won't be able to creidt for years well if things had gone on the way they were in 5 years time I would prob be in the same boat, I can now move on with my life and not worry when the mail man call's

Hi Welshcake - welcome to freedom. I was discharged in Dec and remember only too well the whole sorry affair. It took ages for it to sink in that I was actually debt free. For months when the phone rang I still jumped but now I am really beginning to enjoy that sense of freedom and you will too, congratulations!

Had a letter today my telephone interview is booked for the 12th April, I I have to get 12 months of statements and complete forms they have sent me and send them back to them before the 12th April. Also received my bankruptcy form with the court offcial that makes it official.

Just bank statements is that good or bad?

I was just asking because I will be filing shortly and wanted to know.

I guess its a good thing as it saves you the time of having to gather statements from all over.

Did they say if they wanted original statements are would statements from an online account be accepted?

I was just asking because I will be filing shortly and wanted to know.

I guess its a good thing as it saves you the time of having to gather statements from all over.

Did they say if they wanted original statements are would statements from an online account be accepted?

Well they send you a sefl addressed envelope for you to send the application and bank statements, I ordered my bank statements online it does not say anything about them being original ,they take 5 working days to arrive and that is plenty of time to send them off with the forms they sent which are pretty basic, The phone interview they said would take around 30 minutes, This phone interview is asking how I got into debt having to explain what each debt was for, You have a photocopy of your bankruptcy application that the court give you when you file that you need to have by you when they phone as you will need to refer to it.

• 1 month later...

Welshcake I too wish I could smile. I was declared bankrupt last week and have OR interview in 2 weeks. The granting of my bankruptcy was confirmed to me and 3 others who filed for bankruptcy at the same time in the court coffee shop in front of members of the general public. I know bankruptcy is public information but this was humiliating. My contact with the OR has unfortunately been scary and I am not exaggerating when I say I felt like I have been in front of the headmistress each time. It's horrible! I am glad that you experience has so far been better than mine! I wish you all the very best for a debt free future away from the vulchers!