confused!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4109 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am a bit confused!! The other day i realised i had a direct debit due to be taken from my account. I phoned my bank early in the morning to see if i would have time to put the money in the bank when it opened in the morning. They informed me that the money had already been tried to be taken from my account, so i will be charged £15. When i went into my local branch (halifax) to put the money into my account so it could be taken on a later date, i asked the cashier if she could tell me when the charge would be taken from my account. She said that there was no record of any charges on my account, and that they don't charge anymore for not paying a direct debit. So i thought ok, fine. However about a week later i recieved a letter in the post saying they were taking the charge from my account in a couple of weeks time. Who is right?

Halifax have always charged for returned items and the money for D/Ds needs to be in the bank before the due date. They always used to charge £35 so presumably if they are now charging £15 this was probably another of their changes.