Welcome car finance issues

kewlnsol

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4441 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Ok long story short, got myself into a crap position wherbey im 7 months in arears on payments.

I have for the last couple months been back on track with the origionally made agreed payments.

I requested when i set back up my payments a statement of payments made from me to them and a breakdown of all monies outstanding / owed and was told not a problem but it will cost £10

i agreed and they didnt send me the statement.

i have since decided to terminate my agreement, so i phoned them as i cant afford to keep paying for goods that keep breaking down (and were unfit for the purpose when i bought them) only to find out that apparently i have no rights under the agreement anymore because i had a default notice sent to me (by the way did not recieve) so they have taken away my rights to settle early and give back the car when i have paid the value of the vehicle. Is this legal and although i had issues with the car 7 days after buying it i have had continuous problems with its ability to do what its designed to do properly

to add to confusion i was certain that id payed the value of the vehicle but now been told that only a small proportion of the monthly payment was toward the car and most was toward the payment / breakdown protection although they cant give me a breakdown on what they paid without writting to head office first - so i have been left feeling like i was miss informed by the ucan guys i signed the agreement with when told i can pay the amount and give the car back.

Has anyone got any advice on where to go from here, i have a breakdown on what i have paid so far and a copy of the defualt i didnt recieve on its way but can litterally only afford to pay the origional amount and they are adding £25 a month onto the arrears that i cant afford to clear.

considering bankruptcy as the overall amount for this agreement is £12,000 and then any charges for letters / default / interest on arrears ect. i can barely pay for the car in the first place taking around a third of my monthly wages as it is.

any advice appreciated

if you have paid a third, they cant repo with out a court order

if you have paid half, you can do a voluntry termination

default notice will be crap, they allways are from welcome, its the termination notice that will make it legal

how long have you had the agreement