Hbos. Intended Court Action Letter Credit Card debt

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4973 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi, bb have not sent moorcroft a cca request, only the halifax only recived recon terms, not even recived an application form. i am not worried about moorcrap and their pre -divisions. i have even had a phonecall from moorcrap today offering to clear £700 off the amount if i can pay the rest in 7 days, i told them to p**s o*f . i will not pay moorcrap 1 penny. if they take me to court i will tell the mr judge i refuse to pay them anything. i would rather go to jail, i have not got any assets. they can not put any claim to my house as my local council own it. i have offerd halifax £xx per week but they wont accept it so sod them!

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

OK so if you CCA'd ShallowFax then there is no need to CCA this outfit, if what you received from ShallowFax is unenforceable, then all you need send these lot is the 'bemused' letter, and they will pass it back to the OC.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/resources/templates-library/86-debt-collectors/574-letter-when-account-has-been-passed-on-whilst-agreement-request-is-in-dispute

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

OK so if you CCA'd ShallowFax then there is no need to CCA this outfit, if what you received from ShallowFax is unenforceable, then all you need send these lot is the 'bemused' letter, and they will pass it back to the OC.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/resources/templates-library/86-debt-collectors/574-letter-when-account-has-been-passed-on-whilst-agreement-request-is-in-dispute

cheers bb will send this the moorcrap muppets, as i said these muppet dca will NOT get 1 penny from me, i wonder why the halifax have not taken me to court to settle this matter once and for all ? :confused:. another phone call today from moorcrap saying a doorknocker collector will be calling. big mistake for the moorcrap door knocker if they call at my door.

lots of guests looking in:p

I always fail to look and see if there are any trolls looking in:(

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Hi Rhos

According to Experien, someone has settled my Halifax account :confused: maybe someone at experien had the typos.

Blair Oliver & Snot were dealing with mine but kept complaining to Halifax, last letter sent last week and this change to my file happened early this week!

i am not bothered about my credit file held by experien or any other credit ref agency,my file has many negative marks on it ,if halifax or moorcroft wish to add more then so be it, maybe like you someone may at experien or halifax may indeed have a sudden case of typos.

• 2 weeks later...
not heard a peep from Halifax or the moorcroft muppets, since my last post:) i wonder what their next move will be? i wonder if moorcroft have a pre what to do next division:D

Their all busy doing their Pre-redundancy course!:lol:

iqor - complete idots. not even had a letter from them. a text message then a missed call

yes you are indeed correct, after reading about them on the forum they are idiot muppets, these fools will not be getting 1 penny from me.

• 4 weeks later...

It is an application form and is void of any prescribed terms that I can see, so it is unenforceable.

I have no legal training, any knowledge I have has come from this forum, and my own experiences. Always balance up any advice you get with your own common sense.

It is an application form and is void of any prescribed terms that I can see, so it is unenforceable.

thanks for the quick reply, halifax have put a default on my credit file, so i now will have to wait and see which **** dca will chase me:rolleyes:. also in the sar papers halifax say that the account has been charged off?? any idea what they mean?. many thanks

"Charged Off" is just a term to describe the process of writing off a debt as a bad debt for tax purposes. Unfortunately the debt still exists and can be enforced.... so long as all the other paperwork is correct etc.

Also I'm struggling to read the small print on the scan you've posted.... I'll try and enlarge to and see if that works.

Cheers.

UF

I am rarely around these parts any more. I only stop by when something has come to my attention that has sufficiently annoyed me so as to persuade me to awake from my nap and put in my two pence.

I am a final year law student; I am NOT an expert in law. All of my posts are just my opinion. I cannot be held responsible for any outcome whatsoever resulting from any person following the opinions or information contained within my posts. Always seek professional legal advice from a qualified lawyer.

"Charged Off" is just a term to describe the process of writing off a debt as a bad debt for tax purposes. Unfortunately the debt still exists and can be enforced.... so long as all the other paperwork is correct etc.

Also I'm struggling to read the small print on the scan you've posted.... I'll try and enlarge to and see if that works.

Cheers.

UF

thanks uf, when you say can be enforced can they take me to court? :confused:

As far as the debt being "charged off" goes, this does not prevent them from enforcing the debt through the courts; so yes they can still take you to court... but then the question is; when they get to court, do they have their paperwork in order?

I still can't get my little laptop to let me read the "agreement" properly... I'll have to wait until I'm at the desktop with a proper screen and printer.... hopefully other's will be along with their opinions on it in the meantime....

Cheers.

UF

I am rarely around these parts any more. I only stop by when something has come to my attention that has sufficiently annoyed me so as to persuade me to awake from my nap and put in my two pence.

I am a final year law student; I am NOT an expert in law. All of my posts are just my opinion. I cannot be held responsible for any outcome whatsoever resulting from any person following the opinions or information contained within my posts. Always seek professional legal advice from a qualified lawyer.

As far as the debt being "charged off" goes, this does not prevent them from enforcing the debt through the courts; so yes they can still take you to court... but then the question is; when they get to court, do they have their paperwork in order?

I still can't get my little laptop to let me read the "agreement" properly... I'll have to wait until I'm at the desktop with a proper screen and printer.... hopefully other's will be along with their opinions on it in the meantime....

Cheers.

UF

thanks uf , so it looks like a waiting game now, i did receive a pre court division letter from moorcrap just before halifax charged off the account and not heard a peep since:eek:

• 3 months later...

Hi there

Pity you didn't deal with moorcr@p as usually they don't have enforceable stuff but as many PRE-XXX divisions as there are pebbles on Brighton Beach in Sussex

Had you put the account into dispute with moorcr@p this would have blocked the whole kybosh from going any further.

Cr@ppyquest are a different animal entirely -- vicious, harassing load of parasites who will even possibly threaten Bankruptcy after sending you an SD. You'll probably get a few phone calls as well wanting to discuss "a business matter" too.

Your best bet is to continue down the "Invalid" or non existent CCA route -- Cr@p usually play for higher stakes in the poker game whereas a lot of the others fold at the first hurdle such as moorcr@p.

I think there's templates you can send in your reply to cr@ppy on the Forum when the CCA you have been sent doesn't look right.

Do send them because these bunch of Barstewards DO PLAY HARDBALL even when they haven't a case. These people only exist because 100,000's of individuals pay up at the first mention of COURT.

I know it seems really strange at times but Courts are there for OUR protection as well as the creditors etc -- and disputes have to be resolved according TO THE LAW.

Cheers

jimbo