Hbos. Intended Court Action Letter Credit Card debt

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4975 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

hi, sorry about the pic, the letter, says, ref no xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx. dear mr xxxx. we have made attemps to contact you but your acc is in arrears, as a result of this you may receive a call at your home from a third party agent. THIS WILL RESULT IN A FEE OF £22.33 BEING APPLIED TO YOUR ACCOUNT. ( the rest is the standard contact us now):-x

They have no right to send anyone to your home address and even less right to charge you for it. So if your account is in arrears, how is applying more charges going to help anyone?

How much is the account in arrears by?

How long has it been in arrears?

Are there any charges applied to the account?

hi, sorry about the pic, the letter, says, ref no xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx. dear mr xxxx. we have made attemps to contact you but your acc is in arrears, as a result of this you may receive a call at your home from a third party agent. THIS WILL RESULT IN A FEE OF £22.33 BEING APPLIED TO YOUR ACCOUNT. ( the rest is the standard contact us now):-x

Hi rhos

That is better, calm down because Cerb will be along to tell you the way forward on this one,

Mr W

Regards..Mr Worried :)

hi, all and thanks for help with this, the orignal amout, was £1100, its now £1705!!! they keep chargin missed payment fees, and overlimt fees:mad: i have had the acc since 2001

Hi rhos

Do as PG says ..SAR them and the cca will be in there too, we can then have a look to see if the ' whole thing ' is enforcable,

If you need an account may I recomend the CO-OP basic acct, no hasle to get ..10 mins on the phone.

Mr W

Regards..Mr Worried :)

recived this letter today, :-x are these debt collectors ? as i havent had a letter from halifax,to say they have passed it on. have missed payments on my hailfax cc but there is no way i can afford to pay this now:-x. if tey come to my door, i will let the dog have a chew on them:D. any addvise thanks.

thankyou, cerberusalert for the quick reply. i have phoned them , and the nasty man said pay up or else:!: i explained my situation and mentioned i am seeking advise on this website, the nasty man them became quite nice, and offered me to pay each month, £5.00.:eek:. i said i will think about it. what should i do? accept there offer. or send the cca letter. many thanks fo your help.

wow what a fantastic letter, cetainly didnt waste any time or ink on it did they, must be a one man band on his home PC

I see they are also based in Leeds, maybe he is a Lowells cast off

In house DCA for Halifax

Halifax is owned by the Royal Bank of Scotland (RBS) and Albion Collections are one of their "in house" collection agencies/departments.

Makes you wonder if the DCA's are on a cost cutting exercise? Keeping it sweet and to the point, probably the same red ink that Snotcall like to use.:rolleyes:

Certainly heard of that name somewhere before??

Anyhow, a copy of that should be sent to the OFT to have a look at..:D

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

hi, pgh7447. are you saying, this is really the halifax , in there big bad wolf costume ? ( Halifax is owned by the Royal Bank of Scotland (RBS) and Albion Collections are one of their "in house" collection agencies/departments). thanks for the info. they dont scare me anymore:D..

No, Halifax is owned by Bank of Scotland (BOS).

I really do appreciate all those 'thank you' emails - I'm glad I've been able to help. Apologies if I haven't acknowledged all of them.

You can also ding my gong if you prefer. :)