• Tweets

• Good evening all. With your help I've defeated 3 parking charge notices, I now need your help once again. My daughter has a company car which she  lent to my son while she was on holiday. He is insured and fully entitled to use this vehicle. He is very careful over parking tickets as he has been the victim of a wrongfully issued ticket in the past. Anyway, on the 28th of April he left the car in the St.Marks car park in Wrexham. This is controlled by ANPR cameras. On his return to the car park, he entered the registration number of the car and the machine said 50p owed.. This was paid with a debit card so it's on his bank statement. Parking Eye are now saying that he has paid an insufficient fee and have refused the appeal ( unsurprisingly ). They have enclosed a POPLA code, so this will be the next port of call as we are still within the timeframes. Your thoughts so far would be appreciated. Thanks.
    • Hi just received this from the bottom feeders, I know I have to acknowledge within 14 days.  Its from 2015 so cant find the paperwork for it, but will look.   Parking on private development whilst visiting a friend, not displaying Permit, looked at my friends contract with private landlord, nothing in it about parking.   Are the Particulars of claim sufficient?   Thanks for any advice. VCS CLAIM21 JUNE 2019 F0QZ9V92 EDIT.pdf
    • Thank you. Can you tell us who replaced the rear brakes in June 2019? Who paid for it? One slight problem here is that the amount of money you are dealing with is in excess of £10,000. £10,000 is the County Court small claims limit. When you bring a small claim – less than £10,000 – then even if you lose, you won't have to pay the costs of the other party. Over £10,000 and you will have to pay if you lose. On the basis of what you say here, you have absolutely no chance of losing but on the other hand the fact that you would have to bring the claim on the fast track brings comfort to the other side and they are more likely to employ tactics to intimidate you with the spectre of costs hanging over you in the event that you lose. This is something to take into consideration. You have two choices. One would be to consider claiming for the refund of the entire price plus any ancillary losses. The second would be to claim for repairs. On the basis that repairs will be considerably less than £10,000 I think that I would suggest you go for that. This means that you need to get the car thoroughly examined and get a quote for repairs and generally speaking putting into a proper roadworthy condition. In fact you would need two independent quotations. You would then, with our help, enter the pre-action protocol which would essentially threaten the dealer and also the finance company with 14 days to sort it out or else you will bring a court action and without any further notice. You would only make this threat if you decided to go ahead with it. It's not worth bluffing. Both the dealer and the finance company will probably use all sorts of tactics to delay and to prevaricate. You must not allow yourself to get dragged into any kind of protracted discussion. You make the threat. 14 days. Day 15 – you send them the good news. Once they have the court papers they will then start to realise that you are serious. The finance company will put pressure on the dealer and someone or other will put their hands up. It's up to you if you want to get involved in this kind of action. If not then I think you're going to have a hard slog
    • Ok trying to move this forward. just got a statement with £260 agents fees added even though they have no collected the car! Am I right in thinking this is illegal?   Moving forward is it best for me to submit an N244 with the court to try and stop them taking the car and for these unlawful fees? Could somebody advise what it is I’m asking the court to do as I don’t want extra time to pay as the account is up to date but I don’t want them taking the vehicle because I’m refusing to pay these agents fees!   could really do with some help  
  • Our picks

Castlebest

Birmingham again anyone? - Pitcher and Piano - Friday 20th August 2010

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2969 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Which Friday is best for you?  

15 Caggers have voted

1. 1. Which Friday is best for you?

• Friday 6th August
    • Friday 13th August
    • Friday 20th August
    • Friday 27th August (note this is bank holiday weekend)

Well its that time of year again, the temerature is slowly creeping up and it will be summer before we know it :) so who's interested in another meeting in Brum?

The last two have been during August and the Pitcher and Piano was a great venue last year :) so who's up for a summer meet?

pete

sounds good to me... never done a night out in Brum

My fight so far:

hunni2006 V Halifax Bank: Charges £963.11 refunded nov 2006:D

Cabot financial V hunni2006: defending court summons, ongoing... July 09 :-x:-x:-x don't even get me started about them....grrr still battling

hunni2006 V Capital One: SA request & CCA issued, ongoing.. July 09 OC 'checking the archives...' Sept 09, no agreement, files closed!:D

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< please feel free to tip my scales if I've been helpful!

:DLearning more, every day.....

I have No legal training, any opinions and advice posted are entirely my own opinion, and based on life experiences and knowledge gained on this great site. Ultimately, what you do is up to you.

I'll maybe make it this year!! Sounds like I missed a good one last Summer, so wouldn't want to miss out twice! :)

:)I am not an expert, but I can give good advice about Brighthouse:)

Am learning more and more about DCA's too :)

I have no legal experience and all advice given is based on the knowledge I've gained from this site.

<------If you think I have been helpful, please feel free to tip my scales - remember to put your CAG name though!

any ideas as to when yet?... planning a Leeds one near the end of May so I don't want to clash, plus I'll need time to save up!

My fight so far:

hunni2006 V Halifax Bank: Charges £963.11 refunded nov 2006:D

Cabot financial V hunni2006: defending court summons, ongoing... July 09 :-x:-x:-x don't even get me started about them....grrr still battling

hunni2006 V Capital One: SA request & CCA issued, ongoing.. July 09 OC 'checking the archives...' Sept 09, no agreement, files closed!:D

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< please feel free to tip my scales if I've been helpful!

:DLearning more, every day.....

I have No legal training, any opinions and advice posted are entirely my own opinion, and based on life experiences and knowledge gained on this great site. Ultimately, what you do is up to you.

Count me in if I'm fully recovered :D

"To love unconditionally is the greatest gift, laughter is a close second" .To give your time to help others after being helped here is the best way to show your appreciation to your fellow CAG members.

Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Seek the advice of an insured qualified professional if you have any doubts. All my knowledge has been gained here, for which I'm very grateful. I'm a Journalist, not a law professional.

If you do PM, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private ;)

BB 13 - DCAs/banks and solicitors 0.

I get a fresh start to get on with learning to live with severe disabilities when they could have had something if they'd been understanding...

<--- If you feel I've helped, please twinkle my star :)

Shall I start saving now in the hopes that I will turn up? When are we thinking of as I am going to be in London (in theory) first week in August and Cropredy folk festival approx 9th August for that weekend (assuming I have some wins between now and then finances being 'orrible as usual).

If my advice has been helpful tip the scales

West brom SETTLED

Halifax current SETTLED IN FULL

halifax curent (2nd) stayed. Visa - SETTLED

2nd visa LBA sent

halifax for the 3rd time. LBA sent

Egg - SETTLED GE Money - SETTLED Barclaycard SETTLED twice

Sainsbury's - Awaiting court date

Co-op cc SETTLED IN FULL 2nd claim. Settled in full

National Westminster Settled in full. 2nd claim. N1 submitted

HFC bank SETTLED. HFC 2nd claim - lba sent 21/10/08 Time Retail N1 filed Argos settled in full Creation - SETTLED IN FULL

last years took place on 21 august - a fun night with a good attendance - lovely venue too....but the closesess of that canal :eek: a bit too close....lol

if we're going with a friday again i'd like to suggest 20th or 27th :)

lovely venue too....but the closesess of that canal :eek: a bit too close....lol

The canal was magical with the fairy lights of the bridge reflecting in the water :rolleyes:.... but I'm biased lol :D

Canal, what canal lol...

"To love unconditionally is the greatest gift, laughter is a close second" .To give your time to help others after being helped here is the best way to show your appreciation to your fellow CAG members.

Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Seek the advice of an insured qualified professional if you have any doubts. All my knowledge has been gained here, for which I'm very grateful. I'm a Journalist, not a law professional.

If you do PM, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private ;)

I get a fresh start to get on with learning to live with severe disabilities when they could have had something if they'd been understanding...

Rooms at Jurys are £49 for 3 adults if booked by the end of April!

I can't make the 14th - Cropredy folk festival but above date is fine (obviously)

If my advice has been helpful tip the scales

West brom SETTLED

Halifax current SETTLED IN FULL

halifax curent (2nd) stayed. Visa - SETTLED

2nd visa LBA sent

halifax for the 3rd time. LBA sent

Egg - SETTLED GE Money - SETTLED Barclaycard SETTLED twice

Sainsbury's - Awaiting court date

Co-op cc SETTLED IN FULL 2nd claim. Settled in full

National Westminster Settled in full. 2nd claim. N1 submitted

HFC bank SETTLED. HFC 2nd claim - lba sent 21/10/08 Time Retail N1 filed Argos settled in full Creation - SETTLED IN FULL

In the true sprit of election fever that is gripping me now :rolleyes: I have added a poll :-D.

pete

Ummm...Not being superstitous but can we not have the 13th?

I will have a word with the people at Greenwich and see if I cant get it changed to Friday the 12th part 2 :D

• Haha 1

8-)

Edited by Castlebest
pointless

Well its that time of year again, the temerature is slowly creeping up and it will be summer before we know it :) so who's interested in another meeting in Brum?

pete

Meeeeee :D

A-Z Index

HOW NOT TO CLAIM...Click here!

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

.please remember that any advice i give is purely my own experience or opinion thankyou

Me too :D

“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.” - Ghandi

"You must have the resources to deal with the judicial intervention - the confidence not to be overawed, the resilience to respond, the tenacity to challenge, the tact to mollify, the authority to inform and persuade."

Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength.

<-- If I have helped in any way please click my star!! ;)

Oh and I am a lady!! :)

And the wine...

Lock up the vodka, tillys tour bus is ready to roll..

This one you mean :rolleyes::pimg017.jpg

:D

A-Z Index

HOW NOT TO CLAIM...Click here!

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

.please remember that any advice i give is purely my own experience or opinion thankyou