NormalJoe

Insurance cancellation - legal advise needed URGENT!!!

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3792 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I recently bought a car and insured the car through Swinton. I paid the 1st payment via debit card. Four days after I started the insurance I was involved in a car accident. I raised the claim and the insurance underwriter started with the body repairs. On the 1st of March my normal insurance instalment went off my bank via DD. On the 4th of March I received a letter from Swinton stating under the terms of the "terms of the credit agreement" (relating to monthly payments), the full balance must be paid in full. I contacted my local Swinton branch requesting they state in writing the full amount and detailed cost breakdown and that I will pay the outstanding amount in branch, which the Swinton agent agreed to. Since the body repair shop is still waiting for two parts my car has not been repaired yet. I recently received a "cancellation of car insurance" from the broker stating the cancellation will take effect in 7 days.

I have many questions:

1. Is it legal for Swinton to cancel insurance without stating the reason?

2. What are the implications to repair my car as my car has not been repaired and returned and they have given me 7 days notice of cancellation?

3. What legal recourse do I have?

4. Other than the fos, who will take this complaint to task?

5. Is there a lawyer that have taken a case this this and won? What's the contact details?

I look forward to your advise.

Moved into Vehicles forum where I hope you'll get some advice.

:)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)