style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5147 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

just bought an item off e-bay." R/C electronic device"

seller said that he had the original receipt for the item, as i had asked in the questions/answer section.i only bought off the back of having a receipt!.it arrived but with no receipt with it!,so e-mailed the seller who now says that although he said he had the receipt it was not in the listing as being supplied with the goods!

also the main problem is that he sent me a copy of the credit card transaction with date on it but now says he thinks there is no guarantee to a third party purchaser ,even though the item is only 3 weeks old.

is this so and is there no reproach to the retailer of the goods should the need arise in the 12mth guarantee period that products normally have unless otherwise stated.cheers :D.

ofcourse there is.

it matters not WHO owns a probuct

if it goes wrong within a 'resonable time' [which varies between types of product] then you are covered under SOGA.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

ofcourse there is.

it matters not WHO owns a probuct

if it goes wrong within a 'resonable time' [which varies between types of product] then you are covered under SOGA.

dx

i thought so, but if i was to send said item back to the retailer

could he refuse to look at it as i cannot produce a receipt but have a copy of the credit card transaction??. with names and date of purchase on it.

I disagree with you dx,

The SoGA only covers the original buyer of the product, as the SoGA is a contract between two people (The Buyer and the Seller). It is only valid between these two people, unless the seller agrees to transfer this contract to a new person. As such no contract exists between the OP and the seller (retailer).

You may have a case against the person you got it off, but not the retailer who does not have to do anything under these circumstances. If the person who sold it to you, did so in the course of a business they would be liable under the SoGA.

Ex-Retail Manager who is happy to offer helpful advise in many consumer problems based on my retail experience. Any advise I do offer is my opinion and how I understand the law.

just dont tell 'em!

thanks blitz

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...