Jump to content
  • Tweets

  • Posts

    • Hmm, that is a challenge, my computer ability is limited to copy and paste, which I have included below. Is it very important? I can try and find out but I have the email reply and that is all, sorry   Friday, October 23, 2020 5:28:53 PM To: enquiries@idealwindowsolutions.co.uk <enquiries@idealwindowsolutions.co.uk> Subject: Order cancellation RF14127D   Dear Ideal Window Solutions,   On the 11 of June I signed a contract with you to deliver and install double glazed windows. I was promised to get it done within 8 weeks. The timing was very important to me, I made it very clear to you, and this was the main reason I chose your company. For all kind of reasons your promises did not materialised. After a number of phone calls and emails between us I have decided to cancel my contract with you. I am not prepared to wait any longer, also I have no intentions to install windows during rainy winter time.  Could you be so kind to refund me my deposit of £100 pounds. If after winter time you will get your problems with your suppliers solved please give me a call, maybe we can try again. I will need  new windows anyway. Kind regards,
    • An update - The salesman who has dealt with most of this is off on Mondays which never helps and the senior service person there who I spoke to last week is also off all week.   I got a call from a service advisor today confirming the booking but was concerned I was waiting - explained (again) the story and he understood but on his job card, only had that he had to investigate the tyres and not necessarily replace.  Someone either is not communicating or I've been told lies.  I have gone through the recording and the salesman clearly states he has gone to upper management, discussed it and we will be replacing the tyres and battery to sort everything out.   Sat nav will be resolved tomorrow and they'll be looking at the broken sun visor.  I have also emailed regarding the gearbox service - I have a good friend working at Audi servicing at another group and he had mentioned Audi should be carrying out servicing if due within 4 months or so and this was.  I raised it pre-collection a number of times and was shutdown each time with "if a service needs to be done, it will be done"   Fast forward to today when I got the job card to sign in advance, it clearly states: Date: 20/10/2020 (our pickup day) Carried out MPC & oil service Haldex Reqs gear oil service.   The Gearbox service is due at 38k and the car was sold at 35500 well within the 4k which is probably why their own systems have flagged it. Haldex I'm not sure - this seems to be every 20k I think so due in 4.5k.  Oil service I can't see how they did it as the service history we got from them (verified by another dealer) was from September.   Lets see what they say tomorrow - I have flagged it with the service advisor from today but got no response.   Ironically, the friend did mention they've had other POA buyers book their car in elsewhere only to be told various handover bits were not done - I thought it was typical dealer rivalry talk but maybe there is truth in it.  
    • The Garde Bridge Project which never took off lost £43 million of public money.
    • Hope this works. These are the two letters which came with the copy of my CCA. Letters sent with CCA 21-10-20.pdf
  • Our picks

    • Hermes lost parcel.. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422615-hermes-lost-parcel/
      • 49 replies
    • Oven repair. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/427690-oven-repair/&do=findComment&comment=5073391
      • 49 replies
    • I came across this discussion recently and just wanted to give my experience of A Shade Greener that may help others regarding their boiler finance agreement.
      We had a 10yr  finance contract for a boiler fitted July 2015.
      After a summer of discontent with ASG I discovered that if you have paid HALF the agreement or more you can legally return the boiler to them at no cost to yourself. I've just returned mine the feeling is liberating.
      It all started mid summer during lockdown when they refused to service our boiler because we didn't have a loft ladder or flooring installed despite the fact AS installed the boiler. and had previosuly serviced it without issue for 4yrs. After consulting with an independent installer I was informed that if this was the case then ASG had breached building regulations,  this was duly reported to Gas Safe to investigate and even then ASG refused to accept blame and repeatedly said it was my problem. Anyway Gas Safe found them in breach of building regs and a compromise was reached.
      A month later and ASG attended to service our boiler but in the process left the boiler unusuable as it kept losing pressure not to mention they had damaged the filling loop in the process which they said was my responsibilty not theres and would charge me to repair, so generous of them! Soon after reporting the fault I got a letter stating it was time we arranged a powerflush on our heating system which they make you do after 5 years even though there's nothing in the contract that states this. Coincidence?
      After a few heated exchanges with ASG (pardon the pun) I decided to pull the plug and cancel our agreement.
      The boiler was removed and replaced by a reputable installer,  and the old boiler was returned to ASG thus ending our contract with them. What's mad is I saved in excess of £1000 in the long run and got a new boiler with a brand new 12yr warranty. 
      You only have to look at TrustPilot to get an idea of what this company is like.
        • Thanks
      • 3 replies
    • Dazza a few months ago I discovered a good friend of mine who had ten debts with cards and catalogues which he was slavishly paying off at detriment to his own family quality of life, and I mean hardship, not just absence of second holidays or flat screen TV's.
      I wrote to all his creditors asking for supporting documents and not one could provide any material that would allow them to enforce the debt.
      As a result he stopped paying and they have been unable to do anything, one even admitted it was unenforceable.
      If circumstances have got to the point where you are finding it unmanageable you must ask yourself why you feel the need to pay.  I guarantee you that these companies have built bad debt into their business model and no one over there is losing any sleep over your debt to them!  They will see you as a victim and cash cow and they will be reluctant to discuss final offers, only ways to keep you paying with threats of court action or seizing your assets if you have any.
      They are not your friends and you owe them no loyalty or moral duty, that must remain only for yourself and your family.
      If it was me I would send them all a CCA request.   I would bet that not one will provide the correct response and you can quite legally stop paying them until such time as they do provide a response.   Even when they do you should check back here as they mostly send dodgy photo copies or generic rubbish that has no connection with your supposed debt.
      The money you are paying them should, as far as you are able, be put to a savings account for yourself and as a means of paying of one of these fleecers should they ever manage to get to to the point of a successful court judgement.  After six years they will not be able to start court action and that money will then become yours.
      They will of course pursue you for the funds and pass your file around various departments of their business and out to third parties.
      Your response is that you should treat it as a hobby.  I have numerous files of correspondence each faithfully organised showing the various letters from different DCA;s , solicitors etc with a mix of threats, inducements and offers.   It is like my stamp collection and I show it to anyone who is interested!
        • Thanks
        • Like

Help Required with CMD for ET

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3872 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Recommended Posts

MY OH has a claim into the ET for Sexual Discrimination and Harassment against her company.


It has been rumbling on for ages now.


We attended the PHR and to be honest I felt out my depth. Walking away from it I felt sure the judge was going to throw the case out.


However when he issued his ruling from the PHR we dismissed all the respondents’ claims and allowed my OH to makes changes to her ET1 to better reflect her case.


We got notice through for the CMD which is listed for 90 minutes this Thursday.


We did have a lawyer already to go (he's a family friend) but his wife has now critically ill. In the circumstances I can't exactly ask for advice and the case is reasonably complicated that the option of getting another lawyer in time is not feasible


I am therefore thrown into the mix again and will need to attend the CMD.


Apart from my OH, nobody knows this case as well as I do!


If any of the Caggers on here could offer some guidance or help it really would be appreciated.


There are 11 points on the CMD instruction:


1 & 2 deal with PHR and have already been dealt with.


3 deal's with the length of the hearing and the dates.


I have no ideas how long to ask for at all?. I expect to call 7 witnesses but I have no idea about the respondent. Do I need to have an expected time scale?


I already have all the dates my witness's can attend


4 asks for the statutory provisions upon which the claimant relies and the essential matters capable of being proved if the claim is to have a reasonable prospect of success


This is the one that has me worried. Last time at the PHR the respondent’s lawyer had a pile of case law and Butterworth’s that I had to digest. I felt out my depth.


The essential matters worry me less. I have to show that the employer knew of the problems and took no action to address them. I have to show that the incidents in the ET1 took place


5 the identity of the witness's and the relevance of the evidence


I have all the names; do I have to provide addresses as well at this stage?


I have a list of the relevant issues that each will address


On this, I want to call several customers who witnessed events. Their statements were offers at the grievance but the respondent refused to allow them into the proceedings.


Can I call customers to the ET to give statement (They have agreed)?


If I call them it would mean that my OH has given customers details to a third party (her representative, me) would that then makes her liable for a breach of data protection or confidentiality?


6 The documentary evidence likely to be produced by each party and instruction on its exchange


I think I understand that we have to develop a set of date’s foe the exchange of witness statements and documents. Do I need to have all of mine with me for the CMD?


Is this the only opportunity I will have to ask for documents from the respondent?


7 What facts are capable of being agreed in advance?


Again I think I have a handle on this, they are a bunch of lying to rags, and we telling the truth. Ha ha (Gallows humour)


Any tips on what to expect here

8 & 9 if the judge considers there should be any orders


Tips on this one?


11 If the judge considers any other matter useful to efficient management of the case



Now to tactics, I have read that I should be prepared to allow items/witness statements that are not critical to our case to slide to show that we are prepared to compromise. IE: the respondent has 23 witness statements, 17 of which say they saw and heard nothing. I see no point in calling them so I would be prepared to state for the record that each of this witness’s saw and heard nothing to support my OH's claim of sexual discrimination or harassment


The respondent has already tried to scare the judge at the PHR that this case could last 3 to 4 weeks


Is this a good tactic?


We only have one witness that still works for the company; all our others are ex members of staff, customers or expert witness's


Do I need to call them as a witness, or just can we just get their statement at the cross examination? (This guy is already under intense pressure at work not to say anything, but they are standing strong)


On the expert witness item. We have documents that were forged and had them them forensically tested by two companies. The respondent had their own work done. I don’t want to call these witness as it will cost the earth and extend the case by a day or so (I am sure the respondent will as they have a bottomless pit for funds)


Any tips on how to proceed with these items with the judge and still allow the reports from the expert witness's to stand?


I am aware this is a monster post, but even the smallest crumb of help or guidance would be really great.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi ,


I could give you plenty of advice but at this point the best thing to do would be for you to ask the ET[on thursday] for a `postponement` of the hearing till your friend[ solicitor ]is available to assist you, or till you can get another legal advisor to assist you.


Discrimination cases are very complex with a long drawn out process.


Dont worry too much about `points 4 -8 or-9`.....I will direct you in the right direction when the time comes.


It would be foolish of you to take on a discrimination claim without representation, believe me.


Good luck

Edited by madari
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...