CL Finance/BCard

Yeats
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5150 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all.

I have to file my defence regarding a CCJ claim on an account sold by BCard to CL finance and need a little help with a couple of things.

The first is that the account has been bought(reference: Account sale Agreement) and the claim filed in the wrong name! It's only one letter out (they have omitted the letter at the end of my name, turning it into the French equivalent), but I don't think they can do this? Has anyone any experience/case law/CPR for this?

The second is that their dates seem to be all over the place. The Notice of Assignment is dated Feb 09, but the Account Sale Agreement is dated March 08! I also have letters demanding payment from BCard dated July 08! So I think that the dates on the Account Sale Agreement are wrong?

Can anyone advise over this please?

I have the usual "agreement", DN and non-compliance with the CPR issues, as well as an unfulfilled Court Order, but need help with the above.

Thanks,

yeats

Any chance of posting the docs up or pointing me to the thread where they are?

With regards to name spelling I'm afraid you will get short thrift from a Judge in all honesty - he will order the name to be amended and that's it. Best to leave be and concentrate on the issues at hand.

You say their dates are all over the shop; have they provided a Witness Statement yet clarifying the course of assignment?

Post up a copy of your defence too etc... everything you think that might be relevant...

I have had some spectacular successes against BC of late... more to follow on that when you post your stuff.