Invitation to office interview

vialli69
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4766 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have just received a letter from the Job centre plus Customer compliance department.

It reads

We are updating your details and need to see you to review the information we currently hold on your claim.

They want to see my bank statements

Does anyone know what this is all about????

Best i can come up with is a statement from a team member is---Most Compliance Officers see their job as making sure people get what they are entitled to - not more and not less.Nothing to worry about.

• 9 months later...

So what happened ?

I've gone looking all over the internet for info on these letters and in pretty much every case not one person follows up and provides information that will help others in such a situation. Plenty of assumptions made by people trying to help or a smattering of information from those who do the job but hardly any actual experiences.

You could change that, please.

So what happened ?

I've gone looking all over the internet for info on these letters and in pretty much every case not one person follows up and provides information that will help others in such a situation. Plenty of assumptions made by people trying to help or a smattering of information from those who do the job but hardly any actual experiences.

You could change that, please.

I had one of these a few weeks ago.

It certainly was not to check I was recieving the correct benefits, it was to interview me, check my details were up to date, that my bank statements did not show any undeclared income, and to ask whether I was working.

Fraud officers who make both unnanounced visits after a vague anonymous tip, or who leave an appointment card always claim that they are only turning up to ensure you are getting all the benefits your entitled to - until they are in the house, and start examing photographs on display etc.

A think the pop in to office for an interview one is purely a "random check" The bloke I saw was decent enough, unless you get a right nasty sod, it should all go fine, and nothing to worry about.

You will need to take statements for every bank/savings account you have - if you dont get paper statements in the post, either print off from online banking, or pop into branch and ask for a print out of last 4 or 5 weeks statements.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Caledfwlch thanks for such a quick and detailed reply it's much appreciated. It is a letter "inviting" me to office interview.

It states in the first line "We need to see you in order to discuss the benefit we are currently paying you because a query has arisen on your claim. We need to ensure your payments are correct and it is essential that you attend this interview to discuss the matter".

There follows the usual blah about your benefits may be suspended and to show up on time, present this letter blah blah blah and the only documents requested are to ensure Proof of ID.

So...I'll turn up on time, take the letter with me and since a passport fulfils the Proof Of ID criteria then that is all they are getting ...and as much trouble as I am prepared to go to....until I find out precisely what this is about from them.

If anyone has any further info on their own experience though I'd be grateful. Forewarned IS forearmed, after all. ;)

Edited by Twinkly
typo

Caledfwlch thanks for such a quick and detailed reply it's much appreciated. It is a letter "inviting" me to office interview.

It states in the first line "We need to see you in order to discuss the benefit we are currently paying you because a query has arisen on your claim. We need to ensure your payments are correct and it is essential that you attend this interview to discuss the matter".

There follows the usual blah about your benefits may be suspended and to show up on time, present this letter blah blah blah and the only documents requested are to ensure Proof of ID.

So...I'll turn up on time, take the letter with me and since a passport fulfils the Proof Of ID criteria then that is all they are getting ...and as much trouble as I am prepared to go to....until I find out precisely what this is about from them.

If anyone has any further info on their own experience though I'd be grateful. Forewarned IS forearmed, after all. ;)

I can't remember if my letter said "there is a query" so be prepared in case someone with a grudge has made a claim you are defrauding, though its just as likely they have cocked up somewhere.

Just be honest, and there should be no problems.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I can't remember if my letter said "there is a query" so be prepared in case someone with a grudge has made a claim you are defrauding, though its just as likely they have cocked up somewhere.

Just be honest, and there should be no problems.

Again, thanks. I'm not worried since I haven't broken any rules and..frankly...if I've been maliciously reported for a fraud it will amuse me to see what the best story anyone could come up with is.

My appointment is Tuesday so I'll post back the experience once it's over in case it helps someone else.

Just a little update:

I rang up and spoke to the person named on the letter to query what their "query" was and asked if I was under investigation for Benefit Fraud.

I was told the letter is standard and whilst some people take exception to that ( I said I did not) it means basically that, in my particular case, they want to check the details of my claim to ensure they are up to date and that I still fulfil the criteria for claiming.

I was assured emphatically that I am not under investigation for benefit fraud. I also asked whether reclaiming travel expenses is applicable since the office is too far away to walk to and was told bus fares can be claimed. No direct bus route so that is a problem for me

I was told that if mobility is a problem then a Home Visit can be arranged so there's no need to go on Tuesday now and I just have to wait for the letter confirming it.

Soooo...I'll update as and when. :|

Oh my god I had the same thing! I had to go to another interveiw 2day. The 1st time they asked me if my bf lived with me and this is the 2nd interveiw I've had now. Its scary coz the person I saw thismorning wasn't very nice at all. I think there investigating me. I'm soo scard. I've got a 5 month old baby. I think there watchin me but I heard that they don't tell you about the evidence they have on you until they're ready to prosecute. I can't help but worry!

Is it tho!!! Coz she said I might have to come bk! And I asked her do these interviews keep happening and just as I was leaving she said "it depends" and I was like depends on wat? Then she said "if we need to ask u more questions"! So I said ok bye!

• 2 months later...

**UPDATE**

I'd got a letter last friday telling me a home visit was arranged for today and a named person would be calling between 10am and 4pm. He has just left.

All very straightforward. Asked what benefit I receive and for what condition but he did stress he didn't need too much information as he is not a doctor and it was simply for me to confirm what I'd written on the claim.

Asked how many people live in the house and who they were, do I get out much and how do I cope with shopping.

He filled in just one form with my Name D.O.B etc and wrote a short paragraph condensing the life-history I gave him (as you do) and asked me to sign to say I had read it and it was a true representation of everything I had said.

I asked what happened next...do the office contact me again and he said no nothing happens now...that's it...thank you for your time.

After 3 months of worry and so little of anyone else's personal experience of these visits available on the net I am relieved it's over. I hope that by posting my rather boring straightforward experience for the next person googling on the subject that it might help alleviate someone else's fears or curiosity.

It really was just a check-up and there was no juicy fraud allegation for me to defend.

I'm almost disappointed by that to be honest :lol:

Hadn't seen this thread before. If it was a fraud investigation, I am pretty sure they would have invited you for an interview under caution. That's different.

I had a compliance officer visit in february from the council. She was nice.

That's what they are, plain & simple. They just basically do reviews, to check they have the right info for you, it's usually when you haven't had a review for a while, then if it throws up anything they look into it further, which is what happened with me. And an interview under caution later, & no further action, but 1200 pounds over payment worse off, it's over.

But compliance aren't the fraud team really, ours all work in the same office, I say all, there are only 3 of them. But loooads of people get a visit from compliance, a few will end up being investigated for fraud.