Whateverhappens/techguys advice NEEDED!

DaBoss
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5118 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi

im having problems with them too. on the 28th of feb i called up and due to me having problems with my computer. so they arranged for a visit on the Thursday 4th March. (4 days later, even though it says on there receipt they will be there in 2 days of you calling)

Techguy comes to my house and asks me what problems am i having with my computer? i asked him if he was not told and he said no! i told him it needs a new hard-drive and the recovering with the Packard Bell recovery discs. He change the hard drive and said he hasn't go the recovery discs with him and he has ordered me some and they will be with me in 5 days time. how can they arrange a repair and not tell the technician what need to be done? so i was not happy with them.

7 days later March 11th, still no discs! I called them back up explain i am waiting for discs that have been ordered, the guy said to me nothing has been ordered. he then said they just came back in stock that day and he has now ordered them and they will be with me in the next 5days. so i them asked him if i didnt call you today i would be sitting here waiting for them and they would never of came? he said im afraid so sorry, an that they have been ordered now.

6 days later March 17th, guess what, no discs!! Called again and said they were sent on 15th. i complained about it explain how they have taken the **** and i have been lied too etc and they was not interested.

Its now been 20 days since the original call making the appointment for the visits, an my computer is still no fully repaired. todays post has come and still no discs.

What is the best action to take now?

thanks,

Leon

today is the 21st day and i still have no discs. i am on the phone to them now and i have told them i am not happy and i want a replacement today. The lady on the phone is saying that the discs hasn't go anything to do with them and that they are sent straight from Packard bell. My argument is my computer still isnt fixed and my cover is taken out with you not Packard bell. Also when i spoke to the tech guy 8days ago he said they have just come back in stock and hes ordering it now. How is he able to see what Packard bell have in stock?? so someone is BULL****TING me :mad:

it shouldnt matter if the discs come from someone else does it?

oh and ive been on hold for 10minz now

im guessing that you didn't make the recovery disks when you brought the pc then?

the manufatures will normally charge you for sending the disks out because you are told coutless times by the computer when you turn it on, proberly by the sales staff when you buy it and by the litrature in the box

To be honest I'm very supprised they're sending you disks out at all.

As Auad02 says, usualy your computer either comes with a set, or will prompt you to write a set whenever you boot the computer and will keep prompting you until you tell it not to. Most manufactorers/retailers provide this facility so you have something to fall back on in the event of hard-drive failure, and will usualy charge you for disks in the event you failed to make your own or lost them before the hard-drive broke.

Some people argue that had the hard drive not been faulty in the first place then you would never have lost the software to begin with, making the retailer liable for it's replacement. Unfortunately this entire argument is a massive grey area, and one we've discussed at length on these boards before.

Suffice to say, your best bet is to just keep chasing it up, relentlessly. Also if it goes over 21 days try quoting the 21 day repair or replace rule.

Edited by Renzokuken

they have written it off and they are sending me out some vouchers to purchase a new computer. the discs still haven't come. im wondering if i will even see these vouchers. can i just go to the store and them call up head office or something?