style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5143 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone.

Iam lucky enough to have had the council take back the council tax i owe and i am now paying then through my jobseekers allowance . They are taking a small amount each fortnight straight from what they pay me .They said once done the bailliffs will be called off . I now have recived a letter from dukes saying . We have now recived contact from the council to inform us of a balance change to your account. Please note the new balance Please call us to arrange payment. if we do not hear from you action will be taken to recover the balance off £200.00 quid .I have called the council and they have said this will be the bailliffs fees as they have took all the debt back . So i need help with this please the bailliffs were chasing me for 2 years on this account I never spoke to them they never got a levy never entered my house never even saw them as i just ignored them tottally never even phoned them . Can you tell me the amount off fees i actully owe to them as i want to get this paid so i can open my front door again when people knock without having to go upstaires and see whos there first lol. thank you so much for your help and advise ove the years and i think i can actully say that following your advice IVE BEATEN THE BAILLIFF X

send them this by recorded delivery

"From:

My Name

My Address

To:

Acme Bailiff Co

Bailiff House

Ref: Account No: 123456

Dear Sir

With reference to the above account. Can you please provide me with a breakdown of the charges including Computer Screenshot. This is not a Subject access requestlink3.giflink3.gif under the Data Protection Act S7 1998 so does not incur a fee of £10. I also require the name of the attending Bailiff and the name of the Court he was Certificated at. You are obliged to provide this information.

I require this information within 14 days.

• Haha 1

Hi everyone.

Iam lucky enough to have had the council take back the council tax i owe and i am now paying then through my jobseekers allowance . They are taking a small amount each fortnight straight from what they pay me .They said once done the bailliffs will be called off . I now have recived a letter from dukes saying . We have now recived contact from the council to inform us of a balance change to your account. Please note the new balance Please call us to arrange payment. if we do not hear from you action will be taken to recover the balance off £200.00 quid .I have called the council and they have said this will be the bailliffs fees as they have took all the debt back . So i need help with this please the bailliffs were chasing me for 2 years on this account I never spoke to them they never got a levy never entered my house never even saw them as i just ignored them tottally never even phoned them . Can you tell me the amount off fees i actully owe to them as i want to get this paid so i can open my front door again when people knock without having to go upstaires and see whos there first lol. thank you so much for your help and advise ove the years and i think i can actully say that following your advice IVE BEATEN THE BAILLIFF X

HW advice is as usual sound as a pound. I would also drop a line to the Council and remind them they are taking payment for the debt and you suggest they advise their muppets of this. Any outstanding alleged fees must be identified by the muppets and HW's letter makes that very clear to them (assuming they can read).

Good Luck

WD

ive had a few dealings with bailiffs, twice actually both after having parking tickets stolen off my car and as such bailiffs calling. i dealt with with 'dukes' the 2nd time and if im honest they were quite pleasant with me, as far as bailiffs go - seem like one of the more professional companies in the industry, you dont read about many complaints about them

None of the beliefs held by "Freemen on the land" have ever been supported by any judgments or verdicts in any criminal or civil court cases.

Hi everyone.

As I have said MANY TIMES on CAG, with the collection of council tax bailiff fees MUST be deducted FIRST from any payments made.

Bailiff fees would be due and because the bailiffs had not levied upon goods the MAXIMUM that they can charge you is just £42.50 for two visits for "attending to levy where no levy was made".

If the bailiff had visited you 10 time, that is fine...BUT he cannot charge for more than 2 visits.

Therefore....UNLESS a levy had been made, the MAXIMUM can be just £42.50

A few years ago, I had a tenant who was charged by a bailiff over a hundred pounds for "attending with a view to making a levy".

What do you think of that?

Professional property investor and conveyancer

A few years ago, I had a tenant who was charged by a bailiff over a hundred pounds for "attending with a view to making a levy".

What do you think of that?

Wrong amount. It should have been £24.50