mckay law /goddard smith

Hopster
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4134 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• 2 years later...

Just wondering also. I had dealings with ratio money, passed on to Emmets and now Mc Kay Law. who want money off me for court fees in order to take MBNA to court on my behalf.

I am not sure what to do really.

This no win no fee deal has strings attached that could be costly

Just wondering also. I had dealings with ratio money, passed on to Emmets and now Mc Kay Law. who want money off me for court fees in order to take MBNA to court on my behalf.

I am not sure what to do really.

This no win no fee deal has strings attached that could be costly

Can you give more details of your claim against MBNA please ? I think that McKay Law know what they are doing. I got in a real mess with another firm of solicitors re. MBNA and McKay Law are helping with this situation too.

Can you give more details of your claim against MBNA please ? I think that McKay Law know what they are doing. I got in a real mess with another firm of solicitors re. MBNA and McKay Law are helping with this situation too.

WEhere are you ?

Hi Hopster,

My claim started with Ratio back in Feb 2009, then passed to Emmetts and now Mc Kay Law.

The assessment of my application /agreement with MBNA has exposed breaches and I was informed that the agreement is unenforceable.

So therefore I need to confirm that I am willing to go to court on a no win no fee basis.

I am supposedly only liable for court costs. However I am insecure about the whole thing.

Mc Kay Law want 295 pounds for that.

I have heard that is is better to be a defendant than the Claimant in these cases.

My credit card was taken out around 2001. It was passed from MBNA to Experto Credite to Credit Management Services.

I was contacted so many times with phone calls that I changed my number.

I now still get letters chasing the debt.

If you are the claimant than strict proof is on you. so, your debt is unenforceable by them if they take you to court and cannot produce the original signed agreement as it was taken out pre April 2007. However, if you take them to court they just have to show reasonable probability that you used the credit card which presumably they will be able to do. So what are you actually tyring to take them to court for?

• 3 months later...
Guest funforus

Be very, very careful with McKay . . . Make sure all potential costs that you may have to bear are disclosed (ask in writing) and do not be pushed into agreeing that they claim on your behalf. Let the other side do the claiming. Also, always pay anything they ask for and which you agree by cheque with a covering letter saying what the payment is for.

• 5 months later...
Guest funforus

Be very, very careful with McKay

For further information as to why read the first few references that come up if you stick his full name McKay, Simon Arthur Samuel into Google.

Makes your blood run cold.

Be very, very careful with McKay

For further information as to why read the first few references that come up if you stick his full name McKay, Simon Arthur Samuel into Google.

Makes your blood run cold.

Will do - thanks